He sat up on the bed, abruptly as the events from last night surfaced in his mind. Him breaking down, her lending him the shoulder to cry on.

Taehyung couldn't get off his mind the way she held him, ran her fingers through his locks. She knew it brought him a great sense of comfort. Mia did it a lot back then. Still, Taehyung couldn't believe he let Arya, of all people, to hold him in his most vulnerable moments.

Arya began to stir, in the seek of missing warmth. Her black hair fell onto her face and Taehyung's hand reached out to tuck it behind her ear.

With her lashes caressing her cheek bones, a cute button nose and thin lips, she was beautiful. Taehyung didn't notice it till now. It was as though a dark layer, hindering his sight finally disappeared and he could see everything in a new light.

Taehyung walked towards his desk, where a box was laid. It was from Mia. Her parents had given it to him when they left and he was hesitant to open it.

He felt he was finally walking in the path of healing. Opening the box might bring him back to square one.

The door opened suddenly, revealing Taehyung's dad. His eyes shifted between Arya's sleeping figure and his son as they narrowed.

"This isn't what it looks like." Taehyung uttered in panic. His dad chuckled.

"Ofcourse. I know Arya wouldn't ever sleep with you. Now that you both are divorced, it's impossible."

Taehyung felt guilt again. Had he hurt Arya so much? He was wallowing in his own pain that he didn't care about how everybody else was feeling.

The divorce had freed her more than it had freed him. Taehyung, for some reason, felt Arya had nothing to lose in the divorce, but he, on the other hand, was beginning to feel empty.

"Daddy! We are getting late for school!" Amara screamed, running into his room, which woke up Arya.

Arya rubbed her eyes, and sat on the bed before she realized where she was. Her jaw hung open and her eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry. How could I fall asleep here?" She quickly shuffled out of the sheets.

"Arya, your hair looks like a bird nest." Amara pointed out giggling. Arya's cheeks flushed red as she smoothened her hair.

"Where are you going with that bag?" Arya asked, curiously.

"School! It's my first day! Do you want to come with me?" Amara asked, excitedly but Arya hesitated.

"You should. Amara seems to like you a lot even though she just met you." Taehyung's dad suggested. Arya's eyes flew over to Taehyung who was already staring at her causing her to immediately look away.

"It's a week day. I have to go to work." Arya reasoned.

"I'll inform Hosoek you will be late." Taehyung suggested taking her by surprise. Arya shook her head.

"Then he will know that we know eachother. I'll call him myself." Arya left the room leaving Taehyung confused with his feelings.

The car ride to school was unusually not quite. Amara wouldn't stop rambling about how excited she was to make friends while Arya sat in the passenger seat looking out of the window.

She thought about how there were only two weeks left for the month to finish. She needed to start packing. She needed to visit her dad's and grandma's grave. She needed to practice saying goodbyes without breaking down.

"Arya!" Arya was startled by Amara's shrill voice. "How did you and daddy become friends?"

Arya sighed. Why did she have to ask such tough questions?

"We met at a dance studio." Arya replied, quietly.

"Mom used to dance too! She taught me some moves! I'll show you when we get back home!"

Arya gave her a tight smile before looking out of the window. She felt Taehyung's eyes on her but she didn't look at him as her eyes were welling up with tears.

The past haunted her making it impossible for her to let go. Everytime she saw something related to the studio or Mia, it hurt her like a fresh wound. Arya was getting tired of it.

"Are you sure you will be alright?" Taehyung asked kneeling down to his daughter who had a wide grin.

"I'm not little anymore daddy! I want to go to school and make friends."

'I thought daddy is your friend." Taehyung pouted at her.

"You have other friends too!" Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle. Amara was a smart kid. He was sure his daughter could handle the first day of kindergarten but as a father, he couldn't put off worrying.

"Call me if you feel troubled, okay?" Amara nodded. Taehyung kissed her forehead and stood up letting Arya speak to her.

"You are brilliant and adorable." Arya said kneeling down. "Everybody has no choice but to like you."

"No boys!" Taehyung yelled from behind, making both the girls chuckle.

"Don't mind your daddy. Make as many friends you want." Arya gave her a hug and watched as her little bag swayed side to side as she ran inside the classroom.

"I'll drop you at the office." Taehyung said taking Arya off-guard.

"I'll take a cab from here. It's no worry." Arya was about to leave when Taehyung grabbed her wrist.

"Arya, please." He whispered. "Let's not be like this. Especially after what happened last night." Arya pulled her hand away.

"Don't be mistaken, Taehyung. I would have done the same if anybody else was in your place. Moreover, I don't want be seen associated with you. Now that we have no strings attached to eachother, we would be better off as strangers."

Arya walked away as tears fell down her cheek. It hurt but the process of letting go was never easy. She would rather be hurt all at once than hold onto to him and hurt for a life time.