Chapter One-The Virgin Mary's Orphanage

Chapter One

The Virgin Mary’s Orphanage

          Geneva White is to be found inside her office one sunny afternoon on the Twelfth day of August. She’s reviewing one of her papers at work for about three hours. She closed her eyes for a minute, she’s tired and she wants to sleep. She opened them again and turned her chair around so that she is facing the window behind her desk and she can see the orphanage right behind her own house.

          The Virgin Mary’s orphanage in California is not so popular not like its founder, Geneva White.

Geneva’s dream is to build an orphanage that will be the home of the hopeless, street-children and abandoned kids. For her, this is her destiny.

          By the help of Geneva’s money she built the orphanage and sought mothers and sisters from different churches that will help her fulfill her greatest dream and her destiny. Her friends are very curious because Geneva refused to be in the showbiz world even if the showbiz itself is waiting for her.

          Many media personalities are so interested on Virgin Mary’s orphanage but because Geneva wished that nothing about her orphanage would come to the media world they decided to keep quiet about it even if they are starving to get the story.

          The silence in Geneva’s office was broken by a knock on the door. She turned around to face the door.

          “Geneva, are you there?”

          “Yes, who’s that?” Geneva said, standing up and starting to walk to open the door.

          “It’s us; Celine and Annie!” Geneva recognized the voice as Annie’s voice and base to the tone of her voice, there is going to be a very big argument.

          Annie and Celine are her two friends she met five years ago when she went to a walk on the park.

          Once Geneva had reached the doorknob, she opened it immediately to find Annie and Celine glaring at her.

          “Geneva, what else do you want?” Celine asked impatiently when she saw Geneva.

“What are you talking about?” Geneva asked back.

“What are we talking about? What are we talking about?” Annie repeated disbelievingly.

Geneva nodded.

“Brian talked to you yesterday, right?” Celine asked importantly.

Again, Geneva nodded.

“Then, you must know what we are talking about.” Annie said in an isn’t-it-obvious tone of voice.

Realizing this for the first time, she led the way inside her office, Annie and Celine behind her. She can feel that her two friends are still glaring at her. Once she reached her table, she sat at her chair immediately and took the papers she had read before her new companies arrive.

“I should have known.” Geneva announced when Annie and Celine sat at the chairs in front of her table.

“You already fulfill your ‘destiny’; your orphanage is doing well with those helpless and hopeless children. Why don’t you accept the offer of Mr. Brian Gomez?” Celine asked angrily, referring to the offer of the best manager and director in the California.

          “What, that money-seeker bitch director?” Geneva asked back, grinning at the sight of her friends. They came in her house just to discuss this thing.