Chapter 61: One Last Time

Start from the beginning

It wasn't supposed to end like this.

An hour and a half passed, and Kei stared at various pictures of him and Mizuki on his laptop. There was a picture of Mizuki smiling and him pouting from when they were kids, and he could still remember why.

She made him admit that volleyball was fun.

"What the hell are you still doing here?!" A voice boomed angrily.

Tanaka Saeko slammed his door wide open as Akiteru tried to calm her down. His old teammate and friend Tanaka Ryuunosuke, and Shimizu were behind them.

"Why aren't you at the airport with them?!" Saeko huffed heatedly.

"Calm down, honey..." Akiteru laughed nervously.

"No! Your brother is an idiot!" She shook her head, "Kei, the love of your life is about to leave and you're here, by yourself!"

"I already said my goodbyes to her." Kei mumbled as he shut his laptop.

"Listen, Tsukishima," Tanaka, his old teammate and friend, sighed, "You have to go to the airport..."

"Why? It's no use!" Kei muttered sharply, "I'm sure she doesn't want me there anyway! I broke her heart!"

Everyone remained motionless and silent as they listened to Kei pour his heart out without restraint.

"I don't want this! I don't want her to leave!" He continued fiercely, "I want her to stay here with me!"

They stared at one another as Kei panted wildly, attempting to catch his breath. Shimizu sauntered over and sat beside him on his bed. She placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly, causing him to look up at her curiously.

"Tsukishima..." Shimizu murmured tenderly, "You let her go because you love her. Of course you don't want her to leave but sometimes, you can't control what happens..."

Kei felt his body tremble as he listened intently to her.

"What you can control is how you say your final goodbye to her," She continued warmly, "Don't let your breakup be the last thing she remembers. Remind her why she fell in love with you in the first place."

He blinked a few times before exhaling slowly. Without thinking, Kei stood up, confusing everyone in his room, as he grabbed his bag. He also took a piece of paper from his desk, an envelope, and a pen. Shimizu was right.

"Uh... Kei..." Akiteru swallowed apprehensively.

"I need a ride to the airport." He declared with conviction.

Akiteru's eyes widened in surprise as Tanaka and Shimizu smiled reassuringly.

"Say no more!" Saeko beamed, determined, "I'll give you a ride to Tokyo!"

"Uh... Tsukishima..." Tanaka mumbled worriedly, "I should tell you that my sister drives-"

"Let's go everyone!" Saeko yelled fiercely.

All 5 of them hurriedly sprinted to Saeko's truck and began to make their way to Tokyo. It was a five-hour drive, and they were cutting it close. Would they be able to make it before Mizuki was truly gone?

"Buckle your seatbelts!" Akiteru whimpered as he sat at the front with his tenacious girlfriend.

Kei, Tanaka, and Shimizu sat at the back as Kei began writing something on the piece of paper he had grabbed earlier.

"What are you doing Tsukishima?" Tanaka asked inquisitively.

"Writing my goodbye."

~