Chapter 9: The Last Roundup

Start from the beginning

Rainbow Dash: Now, careful, Derpy! You don't want to do any more damage than you've already done

Derpy stops jumping as she looks to see the third-story balcony is sagging everywhere, and the roof has had a couple of ragged holes punched through it doubtless by the constant lightning strikes from Derpy's goofing off. To add insult to injury, the uppermost piece already hanging by a thread breaks loose and crashes through the largest hole.

Derpy: I just don't know what went wrong.

She jumps repeatedly on the cloud again and manages to shock herself a good one, charring her gray coat and blond mane nicely.

Rainbow Dash: *sarcastically* Yeah. It's a mystery.

Derpy: Nice work, Rainbow Dash.

Derpy wasn't watching where she was going as she backs into a support post, which promptly topples over the balcony rail. With a panicked grimace, Rainbow dives after the timber, gets under the low end, heaves upward and then drops into the pavilion's porch, with a brand-new hole from which the pole's snapped end protrudes. Derpy lands next to this and sticks her head inside.

Derpy: You okay, Rainbow Dash? Anything I can do to help?

A plank then falls and Rainbow quickly flies up at her.

Rainbow Dash: No! Nothing! In the name of Celestia, just sit there and do nothing!

The cross-eyed flyer plunks her rump onto the porch, whereupon a circle of cracks starts to spread in the wood around her. As soon as the spot gives way, she makes a desperate grab at Rainbow that only leads to both pegasi plummeting into this second hole.

Derpy: Oops, my bad.

Meanwhile, a large crowd, gathered outside the pavilion and chanting Applejack's name.

Mayor Mare: Everypony, can I get your attention? Attention please!

As Mayor Mare says this, the crowd calms down for her to speak.

Mayor Mare: Yes, we are all here to send Applejack to compete in this year's Equestria Rodeo competition in Canterlot.

Everypony then cheers and stomps in applause for Applejack.

Mayor Mare: And I want to thank Applejack in advance for generously offering up her prize money to fix town hall.

Back to where Rainbow Dash and Derpy were, Rainbow Dash got out of the hole while Derpy was hanging over the edge of it.

Derpy: Yeah, Applejack! Whoo-hoo!

Derpy falls back inside of the hole while Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes annoyed.

Back to where the crowd was, they continue to cheer for Applejack and Pinkie who was in the crowd along with some the rest of the Mane 7 decides to speak up for her.