Friends?

"Are you upset?" Liam asks.

"Why will I be?" Zayn cross questions, still facing his back at him.

"Zee, I'm scared of fighting-" he snuck a breath when Zayn slams the wine bottle loudly of the table.

"I don't need you to fight for me, Liam!" He says and turns to him, I am strong for both of us"

"That's not what I mea-" he stops when Zayn darts him a dark look.

"Let's not keep the boys waiting" Zayn tells him and is about to walk past when Liam grabs his arm and pushes him two steps back, so he can face him.

"I once got in fight and-" Liam relives the memory of his not so very proud moment, “and nearly killed a boy- I punched and he stumbled infront of a bike, hit his head pretty hard! I can’t help but wonder how I would’ve lived with myself if someone if I actually-"

Zayn widens his eyes, his tight shoulder dropping as he could physically see Liam trembling, "Li- sshhh, Liam" Zayn rubs his back, "you never told me about it?"

"I thought you'll hate me" he sincerely replies as tears drop from his eyes and rolls down his cheek.

"Bullshit" Zayn smudges his cheek with the back of his fist and pulls him closer, "Never will- It’s alright, Liam, it was an accident"

Liam is about to disagree but Zayn hushes him, "Accident”, he declares, “I know you, Leeyum, you'll never hurt anyone more than it's needed- so I'm pretty sure that dick had it coming"

Liam chuckles and shakes his head is disapproval, "Still never gonna raise my hand on anyone again. It terrifies me!!"

Zayn sincerely smiles at him, "It's okay"

"But Zayn, I promise, I will never let anyone hurt you. I will use my body as human shield to protect you, but I won't let anyone hurt you"

"I know, babe, I know" Zayn hugs him, Liam returning the embrace just as tight and pulls apart when someone makes a gagging sound.

"Oh God, rainbows coming up", Rodger holds his chest and makes more gagging noises, both Zayn and Liam roll their eyes instantly, "Please don't kiss or else I might actually puke and I'm pretty sure it won't be rainbows"

"Bring the wine, Rod" Zayn orders and throws his arm around Liam's shoulder to pulls him in, "My hands are full of my best friend"

"Ewww! Do you even hear yourself? No, honestly, are you two boning?"

"Fuck off" Zayn growls

"I know you're into men and Liam doesn't really qualify as one" Rodger grins, "He is handful, but I can see how that can work in one's favor"

Liam cheeks starts shading red as he looks away.

"Knowing how tasteless your taste is, I can see why you'll be into -" vomit comes almost up his throat when Zayn punches his stomach.

"Leave my best friend alone"

"Boyfriend more like" Rodger weakly coughs, "gotta go- definitely gonna puke now" he grabs his mouth before he spewed all over the place.

"I don't think he'll be bothering us now" Zayn smirks as he watches his twin run.

"We should check on him"

"Or we can go back to our friends and chill"

"But-"

"I don't understand why you're so nice to him when he is complete asshole to you"

"Pretty sure he likes me"

Zayn arches his brow and spins his head between Liam and where Rodger left off, "as in fancy you?"