Chapter - 32

Nothing portrays love,if not surrounded amongst the flowers.
                                                    -Blayze

Azalea stood paralyzed near the entrance of his apartment.She had entered her own fairytale world.The whole room was alighted with hanging candles,string lights and paper lantern which created a warm glow.Even the fireplace was filled with tall- scented candles. Flower petals were strewn on the path leading to the already decorated dining table.

She tread carefully as to not disturb the hardship of the man staring at her intently

She tread carefully as to not disturb the hardship of the man staring at her intently.Was he nervous.God,wouldn'it be other way round?Her mind raced.
Nothing is as intimate as candle light dinner.
There was a floral centrepiece with more flower petal scatter on the table.

Azalea was mentally ticking her most awesome date bucket-list.
'Flowers and candle-Check
Romantic Ambience-Check
Red Wine and Aphrodisiac cuisine-Check
Extravagant Bouquet-Check
Tolerable Company-Double Check.'
Her eyes zeroed on Xander who was still gazing at her.He looked dapper in a jet black shirt with rolled up sleeves.His five 'o' clock shadow making her tingle with sensation.How would it feel when it would rub against her neckline?Despite the room being warm she shivered.

"Don't just stand there.Say something."Xander commanded her.
She cleared her throat.She opened her mouth then shut it.
"Hmm?"He raised his brow.
"Wow..."she finally breathed.
"Will I get full marks?"He enquired sarcastically earning a quick glance from her.
Taking a deep breath she replied softly.
"This is indeed beautiful.I did..not expect so much.
Thank you Xander."
"I'm glad you like it.Flower petals aren't my idea though.It was fully Rosa."
"Who?"She feigned innocence.
"My sister Roxanna King.We call her Rosa."He spoke about her affectionately with a rueful smile.
She was looking at him so adoringly that abruptly she snapped out of it.
Make Xander fall for you.You already love him doofus.And find his killer.Her mind kept chanting.

"Shall we begin the dinner?I am famished."
"Why not?Oh wait."
He quickly strode towards the music system and played soft harmonious song.
"I forgot to play the music."He said sheepishly scratching the back of his head.
"Pffft..understandable.
I know Xander,all this is not you.You are a daunting business man,a wonderful brother and a loving son.But playing fiance is completely opposite of your nature.
Not to forget you did all of this on your own."

"I might have taken a help or two."He confessed.
"Whatever.All I'm saying this I am honoured.Thank you."
She held his hand,stared into his stunning grey eyes and slowly kissed his lips.It was just a simple peck but enough to arouse both of them.Xander cupped her neck and deepened the kiss.
She clung to him,his kisses were like drugs.Only when she felt she was going down.Xander held her tightly.
Resting his forehead against his he whispered.
"That..was..uh.."
"Magical?"She smiled softly
He finally return his beautiful smile.
"Yes..Magical."He said breathlessly.

Dinner passed in a blur.Both of them ached for each other.Xander didn't want to complicate this deal with sex.But his body reacted to her in ways which made him crave for her.She was like a personal drug,a heroin to him.
While they ate in silence the air around them was thick with desire.The pulsating heartbeat of Azalea could have been the only sound she could hear.
They might have consumed ambrosia or nectar,they couldn't tell.For their eyes stayed fixated on each other.

In the soft hues of candles,Azalea looked breathtaking.Some unruly curls crept down her heart shaped face making her look angelic.Her off-shoulder,black knee-length dress was simple yet elegant.

"Keep looking at me like that and we will end up somewhere we might both regret later

"Keep looking at me like that and we will end up somewhere we might both regret later."He muttered silently.
She cleared her throat.
"I need fresh air."
"Let's go to the terrace."
"But,ofcourse."

They both quickly reached the terrace.
Cool fresh air struck her warm skin.She closed her eyes and exhaled softly.

Xander was in awe of this girl.What is she doing to him?Out of nowhere a picture of Bianca Harvey flooded his image and his anger knew no bound.

"Do I have to get down on one knee or?"He asked her disdainfully.Azalea noticed a shift in Xander's attitude.She shook her head slowly and held out her hands.
Xander gently took her hands and placed the vintage diamond ring on her finger.Azalea's eyes was filled with tears.She blinked rapidly and stifled a sob rising out from her depth.
She wondered that she might have waited a million year for this day.

"The reason behind this whole date night and proposal is that I didn't want to lie to your family.I hate lying.And till now,I have lied to my friends and family endlessly because of this cha...charade."She confessed seriously.
"If anyone of them ask me how did you propose me,atleast I don't have to lie and construct a fake story.I'll simply relay this magical night."
Now her voice was soft.

Xander was speechless.
He looked into her beautiful blue eyes and was completely lost.
She was unlike any other woman he has met.Other woman would definitely made a move on him till now,or might have jumped to the very chance of getting married to Xander King.But not Azalea.

"You know you're something else entirely?"
He murmured gently.
"I'm sorry,Is that a compliment?"
They were back with their bantering.And he enjoyed this thing between them.Where they can switch from being serious to playful in a moment.
Woah,woah when had they become them?

She placed her hand on his forehead.
"Stop thinking so much.Just keep living in the moment alright?"
He looked at her completely bewildered.How was she completely attuned to his mood?Even Xavier complained about his bipolar attitude.Not that he was a bipolar.But,sometimes his mood shifted involuntarily.

"Should I also buy you a diamond earring and a bracelet?"
"No thanks,I do not want to be labelled as a gold digger."
"Other girls might have have jumped to such an opportunity.You know,showing off of diamonds?"He said cynically.
"I am not other girls."She muttered.
"Surely you must know you are Xander King's fiancee?Aren't people going to gossip?"
"Are you ashamed of me?"She almost whispered.
Her head was hung low.
"Shit.."he cursed and took Azalea in his arms.
"You are gorgeous.With or without diamonds.Don't think otherwise.Is that understood?"
"Yes sir."
He groaned and kissed her,like her lips were air and he couldn't breathe....

****vote,comment and share****