Chapter 12: Lucy and Jackson's Plan

Start from the beginning

"Then why was it stuffed away in under so many other things?" Jackson demanded.

"To keep it safe?" I suggested, sighing. "Look Jackson. I saw a deceleration of war against my family. I'm not just going to-"

"Faye." His hands slid down my arms to my hands and he murmured, "I am not going to let the war happen without them being prepared. Lucy and I have a plan, Faye, and we are going to succeed."

"What's the plan?"

He shook his head. "I can't tell you that. If I do, it could dramatically change things."

I felt hurt, angry, betrayed. But the look on Jackson's face..

I sigh. "Fine. But if something goes wrong I want to know immediately."

"Deal." He kissed my forehead.

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down to me. His lips meet mine and we push up against each other, our emotions pouring into the kiss. He pushed me onto my back gently and hovers over me.

He nuzzled my neck for a moment then pulls away. "What about.."

"It ended yesterday," I reply, knowing he was wondering about my period.

He nods and leans back down, slowly undressing me in the process.

--

Three hours later I lay besides Jackson, running my finger down his bare chest. We're both breathing heavily from our event.

"Hey." Jackson propped himself up on one elbow and traced his finger down my collar bone. "You okay?"

It took me everything to not shudder out of pure pleasure. I took slow breaths to calm my already racing heart. "Yeah..I'm fine."

"You're quiet."

"I don't have anything to say," I replied, laughing gently. "It's nice just laying here with you."

"Mm," he murmured, going silent once more. I let the silence become my time to gather my thoughts together. One part of me, the part that was really stubborn, wanted me to just ignore Jackson and Lucy's pleads and immediately tell my parents about the war. Another part of me had a feeling that if I did, things wouldn't be good.

I mean, either way things won't be good, right? It's not like one choice will do less damage then the other..For some reason, I felt like either way war will happen. I can feel it, just in the pit of my stomach: the dread, guilt, horror. 

If Jackson and Lucy truly did have a plan, I had no choice but to trust them. I would be blind in one path and lost in another, so I don't have any other options. 

An image flashed in my mind of the war: Screams, roars, cries of pain. People falling dead everywhere. Dragons killed. Dragons killing.

A shudder passed through me, and I shook the thought away.

"What's wrong?" Jackson must of felt the shudder, or the expression on my face. Maybe both.

"Jackson," I said quietly, "what if there is war?"

He pulled me closer to him. "I won't let that happen-"

"Jackson think logically for a moment, please," I beg, sitting up and looking down at him, He sighed and turned his face up to look at me.

"Okay, I'm listening," he said, then added, "and thinking."

"Just for a moment imagine if there was a war," I begin, trying to keep my voice from cracking. "We're all in a battlefield. People and dragons alike are dying everywhere. There's pools of blood surrounding us."

Jackson's eyes darkened, letting me know silently that he was watching it. Like I had.

"Jackson this thought.." I stopped for a moment, shaking my head, then continued, "this thought could could turn into reality with the wave of a hand."

"I know you're scared, love." He sat up a little and I crawl closer to him. He cups my cheek. "I can tell. You're so afraid of losing everybody, so scared of fights."

I bit my lip, trying to keep my emotions reeled in. I won't cry now. I have to be strong. "Yes," I admit in a whisper, "I'm terrified."

He leans forward, resting his forehead against mine. The only sounds are our breathing. I pull away a few moments later, getting up. "I'm gonna shower," I murmured to him.

He watched me with a concerned expression as I moved towards the bathroom. "Love."

I glance back at him, my hand resting on the doorknob. "Yeah?"

"I love you," he tells me, meeting my eyes. "You know that..right?"

I nod a little. "Yes, I do."

--

Lucy flopped down onto the couch next to me, handing me the glass of soda. I took it gratefully and sipped it.

"So..You ever plan on telling me your plans?" I asked casually between sips, my finger tapping the glass awkwardly.

"Faye, like Jackson said," Lucy replied quietly, playing with her hair, "you have to trust us..okay?"

"It's not that I don't trust you." I sighed and set the glass down. I fold my hands together and put them in my lap. "I just..I need to know, Lucy."

Lucy was silent, her attention on her hair. I didn't, despite my desire too, push her on the matter. If I was correct, Lucy would tell me because she felt sorry for me and guilty that she's keeping things from me.

That's how it usually works when she's hiding something. I guilt her into telling me what it is, even if it's unfair. At this point, I really didn't feel bad even if I should. I was at my breaking point by this time.

Instead, Lucy handed me my glass. "Drink. You're kind of pale."

I frown and took a drink of the soda, eyeing Lucy. I pulled the glass from my lips and said, "Please Lucy.."

Lucy glanced at me, and I caught the look in her eyes. She was torn between desperation and defiance. To tell or not to tell. She was having her own internal battle.

"I'm sorry," she said finally, in a tired voice, "but I can't tell you, Faye. It's..it's not something you need to know right yet."

I look down at my feet. Not even my best friend would tell me anything anymore.

-----

I'm so sorry for how late this is. Dx I'll try to post again, I promise.

-Grace xx