Chapter 51

Violet woke up at 6.30 in the morning and got dressed. Simon had dropped her back home a few hours ago and had promised to pick her up at 7.15 to leave for their 'big mission'. She had laughed at those words, but just the sight of him all determined to make everything work out made her want to engage with him in his path toward happiness. And mainly self love.

She wanted him to forget his past- she really wanted him to forget what wrong things life had done to him. Violet sighed and rubbed her eyes. Her brain was filled with words and incidents and she felt too tired to engage in any more thoughts.

Slowly, she went over to her desk and wrote a letter to her parents saying that she was going to visit Albert. Her parents would surely not mind that because they absolutely loved Albie and knew that he would protect her and take care of her with utmost love.

Violet carried her reticule and wore her bonnet and gloves, giving the letter to the butler as she made her way out.

As Simon's carriage rolled in, she felt a pang of stress hit her for a moment. She knew that she would die before giving up on Simon, but something within her told her that the day was surely going to be a long one.

"Miss Violet?" she heard his baffled voice as he opened the carriage door.

"Why so formal, my lord?" she shot back, fighting a giggle.

Simon laughed and pushed the door open wider for her. Violet rushed in and closed the door in a hurry. The carriage pulled off and within a few seconds, Violet threw her head in her hands, heaving multiple sighs.

"Is everything alright, love?" Simon asked, his brow furrowed with apprehension.

Violet sat straight "just a little tired."

"I am sorry.."

"It's alright Simon. It's all for our future, isn't it?"

"It surely is."

Violet kissed his cheek "why did you bring a normal carriage, though? What about your classic Siddell carriage..which has managed to steal my heart? The Siddell carriage looks like it has managed to escape from a fairy tale."

"Why, thank you. Well, I brought along this one so that if by chance my father sees it somewhere while we are at my country home- hiding and finding information, he should not know that I've come there."

"You're smart."

She saw him blush and break eye contact as he tried to look ahead.

"Well?" he said "which cousin were you talking about yesterday? Forgot to ask you."

"Albert."

"Albert-"

"Sinclair."

"Oh? So Sir Albert is your first cousin?"

"He surely is."

Violet frowned "why do you look so shocked though?"

"Never would've guessed that" Simon said, tapping his index finger against his chin.

"Why?" Violet questioned, taking off her bonnet.

"It's just- I don't know."

Violet licked her lips, she had to know "Simon?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know him well?"

She saw him pinching his face for a moment before saying "not well- but we were in the same university, so probably yes."

"What was he like there?"

Violet was shocked to see how uncomfortable Simon looked.

"He was great."