experimenting (s. paulson + r. byrne)

au in which rose and sarah are college teachers, reader is already of legal age

"Penny for your thoughts?" Sarah asked her girlfriend, who seemed to be pondering something. Rose just shook her head and wrapped her arms around the blonde. "Nothing much, really."

"I call bullshit," she scoffed, leaning into the hug anyway, "You've got your thinking face on, Miss Byrne."

"It might not be the nicest thing to be thinking about, which is why I'm choosing not to say."

Sarah raised an eyebrow at the brunette, skeptical, "Rose, remember what we said? Full honesty. You already know you can tell me anything. Now, what are you thinking about?"

"Can we experiment? Like, in our relationship?" Rose finally answered after a moment of silence, "I can't get the idea of having another person with us out of my head. It's really weird and all, but I just can't let it go."

"So, you want us to be an open relationship? Is that what you're thinking?"

Nodding her head slightly, Rose sighed, "I don't know if an 'open relationship' is the term I'd use, but yes, I think I want to try it."

"Then I'm game. Do you have anyone in mind? Oh, wait, I think you do."

"You're seriously okay with it? You're not weirded out or anything? You're not mad that I'm crushing on someone else?"

"Of course I'm ok with it," Sarah scoffed, running a hand through her girlfriend's hair, "I mean, sure, I would be lying if I said the idea of having someone new with us didn't cross my mind once or twice, but not only that, I want you to be fully happy with our relationship. And it's much better that you told me rather than kept it a secret."

Giggling, Rose placed a soft kiss on Sarah's lips, "I am already fully happy, silly. The idea of having someone else to share with you was really stuck in my head. I'm just happy you're not mad."

"Plus I may or may not also be mildly attracted to somebody as well."

"I knew there was a footnote."

"Guilty as charged. So, who's the lucky one you were thinking of? I honestly hope we're thinking of the same person."

"Well," she started, "she is really talented and smart, not to mention pretty. There's just something about her that attracts me a lot."

"Do tell."

"Is Y/N L/N in your class?"

"Yeah, Y/N? She's nice, she gets shy really easily though."

"Well, she's the one."

"Really? Well, I'm glad we're on the same page. I was scared we were going to have conflicting opinions." Sarah chuckled with a mock sigh of relief.

"I think she might have a crush on you."

"Um, no? Have you even seen the way she looks at you? Not even gonna lie, if i didn't find her as fascinating as much as I do, I'd be jealous of the way she looks at you."

Rose chuckled as she pulled her hair back into a messy bun, "I beg to disagree, honey. That girl looks at you as if you're the last slice of pizza in the box."

"Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. Regardless, I'm okay with her joining us. I already had my class with her this morning, so I'm guessing you're going to talk to her later?"

"Maybe," Rose replied, straightening out her paint-stained white shirt, "My class is going to start in a while, shouldn't you get back to your class too, Miss Paulson?"