"yea but you were" i sighed sitting on the floor next to Vanessa. "you coulda told us. we get why you get worried"

his mother neglected him as soon as she had another baby.

i can't even imagine how he felt thinking that we liked aaliyah more.

"me and daddy love you both the same, kendrick" she lifted his chin. "and i can tell you what, when you came into our lives? you brought my happiness back, baby" she wiped his tears.  "and you showed daddy that he needed you just as much as i did"

"r-really?"

"yes" she fixed his hair. "if we didn't love you, we wouldn't have made your last name moore" she chuckled lightly. "me and daddy try to give you both the world and we always will. don't ever think we don't love you"

"you hear her?" i turned his face to look at me.

"i hear you, mommy" she smiled leaning up kissing his cheek.

"i love you" she rubbed his shoulder standing up. "i'm gonna go get you some ice cream downstairs" his eyes lit up. "buuuttt i think there's some stuff that daddy wants to say to you so i'll let y'all do that"

after she left, she shut the door behind her because aaliyah was crying for god knows what 🤦🏾‍♂️.

"i'm sorry for slamming the door" he apologized playing with his fingers. "i was upset"

"i know" i shook my head. "but i wanna talk to you about what we was just talking about" i lifted his chin. "aaliyah's your baby sister, Kenny. she's gonna need more attention then you. especially since she's only 3 and your 5"

"i know daddy" he sighed.

"sometimes she can't sleep alone. we tell you that you can't sleep with us because we know your capable of sleeping by yourself. liyah can't sometimes" he nodded. "you shouldn't be comparing you and your sister. when she's older, your gonna have to take care of her. she'll always be your little sister. you gotta protect her"

i had to let him know. i never had this conversation with him yet but if he keeps comparing shit instead of watching out for her, it won't end up good.

"you gotta protect her with your life. you hear me? because that's your baby sister, kendrick. ion care if y'all not blood related. that's yo sister"

"i know, daddy. i will" he held up his pinky. "i promise"

"good" i chuckled linking my pinky with his.
"i love you. you should know that"

"i love you too" i smiled standing up. "can i come with you tomorrow?"

"i gotta ask bird but probably" i said opening his door. "here" i handed him his tablet. "come downstairs when your ready"

"mommy got ice cream?" i nodded. "go go go!" he giggled pushing past me out the door making me laugh watching him run downstairs.