8. As Sweet As Churros With Melted Chocolate

Start from the beginning

"Alice." Edward called.

Her brother calling out for her made the pixie-haired girl stop dead in her tracks in the middle of the almost empty hall. She remained standing there with her back facing him before Edward took it upon himself to approach her and stand in her line of sight.

When Edward finally reached her, he noticed how the girl's eyes held deep regret and guilt, something that she shouldn't feel.

"It's not your fault." Edward said.

"I know." Alice said, her golden eyes staring past Edward's shoulder blankly. "But I still can't help but feel guilty." She added.

"We have time to figure things out. But right now, Luna needs us." Edward said.

If only vampires could shed tears, Alice could've shed a tear or two by now. But since she couldn't, all she could do was hold every ounce of sadness before she nodded and allowed herself to be accompanied by Edward as they went back to check on Luna.

"Is it gonna take long for her to wake up?" Esme asked as Edward and Alice returned to the room.

"I hope not. She still has her contacts on. It needs to be taken out before the risk of having eye infection increases." Carlisle answered.

As if Luna heard Carlisle's statement, the raven-haired girl's eyes shifted underneath her eyelids before she unfolds them, her blue contact lenses appearing.

It took some time for her vision to clear out before she could see the faces that surrounded her. All contained a mix of relief and concern.

"Stop staring. That's rude." Luna groaned while she propped herself up with her elbows.

"Careful. You might still need more rest." Alice said, flashing the girl a comforting smile despite the feeling of her chest sinking.

"I have Blonde Woody's strength. I think I'm fine." Luna said.

Well, her mockery is back. That's a good sign.

After mentioning another nickname for Jasper, she noticed that all the Cullens were there except for him.

"Speaking of cowboy, where is Jasper?" she asked.

The Cullens shared glances before they were able to answer Luna's question.

"He couldn't get inside, Moonie. Hospitals reek of blood, and Jasper has the most uncontrollable bloodlust out of all of us." Emmett explained.

Luna nodded once, masking the worry from her face. "Okay."

"About time you wake up. You fainted with your contacts still on. We can take them off so you can rest your eyes before Charlie comes to pick you and your sister up." Carlisle said.

"Finally. I swear to God, if I go blind because of these, I'll show people how a blind woman murder someone." Luna said, earning giggles from the people around her.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

It didn't take long for Charlie to get to the hospital, which means Luna only got a few minutes of relaxation before her contact lenses are once again inserted. Charlie, Bella, and Luna got home just in time to get ready for dinner.