zuko | zuko 'vs' haru

summary - that time zuko sees you and haru get a bit too close for his liking,, reader can also bend 2 elements (this shit is popular huh?) // requested by @AllisonTart
warning - blah blah blah ronnie. it's me. just read it. slight haru x reader if you want to interept it that way

"so... the moustache is new," you chuckled as your friend playfully posed to show of his new facial hair.

haru smiled at the girl in formal fire nation attire as they continued to mess around and catch up in the fire nation royal gardens, waiting for your mates to come out of their super important meeting.

"it's good to see you again," haru smiled. "it's been what? a year since i've last seen you and so much has changed."

"i agree! aang and katara are a freaking power couple now, the nations have stopped asking me if i'm the 'avatar'" you said with finger quotes. "and we can finally relax without worrying about a homicidal dictator trying to kill us."

they stayed in a deathly silence before erupting into a violent laughter, the two collapsing onto the ground holding each other as they enjoyed the careless atmosphere they missed.

a few metres away, the new fire lord and his allies walked out of their conference room with smiles and excited chattering.

however, in zuko's case, the smiles and laughing only lasted for a second. his amber eyes glanced in the direction of the earth bender and his closest friend.

"zuko? hey, sifu hotman!" aang called out.

suki, in full kyoshi uniform, smirked at the fire bender as she too watched you and haru mess around on the grass. "i think somebody's jealous."

the group sans zuko nodded as they immediately raced over to you and haru ignoring zuko's protests.

katara, suki and toph tackled you in a group hug as sokka and aang did the same to haru; onlookers might've seen this embrace as a massive brawl with happy crying and giggles.

zuko walked towards them with a frown as he watched haru help pull you out of the girls' grip, your hands remaining intertwined once you were free.

you caught a glimpse of zuko and grinned, your finger flicking to splash him in the face with a small stream of water.

"why-"

"you look hot," you interrupted. "i- okay sorry that was a bit random wasn't it? it's just... this is the first time i've seen you in your robes since the coronation and damn."

aang, sokka and toph snorted as zuko blushed furiously, his arms crossing and eyes leaving yours.

"ahhh," haru said turning to the others. "are they still doing this whole 'not dating thing'?"

katara nodded, "y/n isn't too shy about it but zuko is too pathetic to make a move. he's jealous of your relationship with her."

"i am jealous!" zuko complained. "i mean i'm not!"

"oh ,you definitely are!" toph grinned. "i could feel your heart rate triple in speed when y/n and haru were messing around."

"that's wasn't-"

"and you've been talking about how you couldn't wait to see y/n again in our meeting when we were supposed to be talking about uniting the nations," aang added.

"and you were excited to see y/n wearing red-"

"SOKKA!"

you and haru watched the group bully zuko amused and slightly bewildered. the fire lord eyed you timidly and you have him a small wink which made his nervous state even worse.

this had to be the weirdest reunion ever.