A mall a day keeps the feels away...

Start from the beginning

"So... you wanna talk about what's bothering you?"

He had an idea what it was, But he wanted to hear you say it. You didn't say a thing, listening to the whirring sounds coming from the fridge in the room. Yagi patted his legs, awaiting your response before sighing, realizing you weren't going to talk.

"Young (L/n)... if you want to talk about something else, we can... maybe... we can talk about those cats of yours?" He said before poking his chin in thought.

"You know... I'm not a big cat person myself... more of a dog person... but I'm interested in what it's like to have a cat- er cats."

"...They're pretty apathetic..."

Okay, that wasn't a response he was expecting, but it's a start.

"They're pretty independent... more like roommates than pets..." you stared up at the ceiling.

Yagi nodded at this and hummed.

"They are huggable though. I love holding them in my arms and I love sleeping with them." You hugged yourself as you visualized one of the cats in your arms.

"...All Might... can you tell me why I feel so weird?" You muttered.

All Might grunted in surprised at the sudden shift in tone and subject.

"My mom is missing, and I'm not happy about it, but I'm not upset... why do I feel so detached? Am I supposed to feel nothing when someone I love is gone?" You blinked a few times.

He couldn't find the words to respond. In front of him was someone who took down villains with ease, a girl who never shown an emotion other than blissful glee, a girl who kneed him in the gut and caused him to vomit blood for weeks... seeing you blink back the tears and failing miserably wasn't something he would expect from you, let alone witness.

Honestly... it disturbed him.

You bit your trembling lip and looked away from your teacher towards the window. You hated crying, especially in front of others. It was something you usually pushed all the way down, but you guessed bottling up all of your emotions and issues for the last few years finally cracked the bottle.

You sniffed and wiped a sleeved arm over your eyes as tears flooded down your cheeks.

It made no sense to you, seeing as you were blinded by the salty water moistening your eyes, yet All Might could understand the reasons behind those boiling, salty tears.

He wouldn't have done this before he got to know you, but now?

He had no problem hugging you. Although still hesitant.

Boney arms reached around you carefully and pulled your face into his suit while instinctively rocking you back and forth.

He really shouldn't be doing this since he's your teacher... but he couldn't leave you to silently cry to yourself.

What kind of hero would he be?

You accepted the man's embrace but tried to force the raging emotions down. Of course, once the dam breaks, you can't stop the harsh currents.

"(L/n), I can't tell you how you should be feeling about any of this... but I can assure you that you don't have to force yourself to feel a certain way about your mother." He lifted his hand, hesitating before ruffling your head as you leaned into his shoulder.

"You have been through a lot, I can tell, Just from observation."
"Yeah, but I'm 18. I shouldn't be crying like a baby."
"So? Anyone else would be just as frustrated and distressed if they went through the same things that you have."
"You act as though you know what I'm going through..."