Chapter 8 : Pain Killers

Third POV

After a much thought debate with Y/N and herself, she set off to the cliff. Y/N walked up to the cliff where Meliodas was standing. He was looking off into the distance, where the sun was rising. She stood next to him and watched sun rise.

The H/Cette smiled as it hit her S/C (skin colour) skin. I've always loved sunrises, it was the only thing that could calm me down after a long days of work... not the only thing but whatever. Meliodas' hands went behind his head as he turned to Y/N.

"Let's go for a walk." he, said softly. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, but complied. They turned around, ditching their spot and walking down the hill, in a comfortable silence. The two were walking until they reached a clearing, quite the distance away from the tavern. Y/N raised an eyebrow at the blondie.

His hair created a shadow over his eyes and he looked towards the ground. "So I've been having some suspicions for a while." he started, still looking at the floor.

Oh shit, Y/N thought.

"And it was quite hard to get evidence for that theory of mine. But the way you reacted when I announced the ressurection of the demon race was just enough for me." he said, moving his head up. He then looked at her. "You're from the demon race right?" he said seriously, his face topping it off with an emotionless expression.

Y/N looked at him with a grim face, although she was secretly freaking out. Ok, how on earth did he get to that conclusion!? I thought I hid myself quite fine, what went wrong!? Maybe the fact that I freaking choked at his words. She sighed deeply.

"I don't know where, or even who you got that idea from, but I think you better get rid of it. Because it isn't true." the E/C eyed girl spoke defensively, too defensive. He looked at her and she swore she saw a wave of regret pass through his face, but it was so fast she couldn't tell.

He disappeared then appeared in front of Y/N in less than a second, his hand firmly placed around her neck, picking her off the ground. It was obvious he didn't want to do this, but he has to make sure she isn't a traitor. Looking back on it, Meliodas realized he didn't know much about the girl, only part of her sin and how she behaves, and that's it.

Y/N's eyes widened, knowing what he was trying to do. It was a demons natural instinct to unlock their power when in danger, and her instinct was kicking in. She tried with all her power to stop the dark matter to appear in her eyes whilst struggling from the lack of air. He felt bad seeing her struggle. He knew she didn't want to fight back, but he knew she had to eventually.

He looked closely in her eyes, trying to find a trace. His eyes widened when a familiar onyx colour flashed through her eyes, dissappearing as soon as it came. He removed his hand as Y/N fell to the ground, panting heavily. "What... the hell... Captain..." she spoke, holding her neck.

She honestly couldn't blame him, she most probably would do the same if she was in his shoes. Her Captain slowly pulled her up, before pulling her in for a hug. She hugged him back obviously. "Sorry about that, Y/N. I just wanted to make sure." He spoke, interrupting the comfortable silence that had formed, and let go of her warmth.

"It's fine, you don't have to say that. I honestly would do the same." he smiled at her, knowing how forgiving she could get."I still trust you, you know. I always will." he spoke cheerfully , "And I will tell you someday, just not now." She spoke with a sad smile. "Let's head back to the tavern." he spoke, tugging her shirt.

She smiled widely at him. She was about to take a step forward where Meliodas already started walking when she heard a familiar voice. "Stop!" she halted, frozen to the spot. Meliodas looked towards Y/N and saw a figure behind her.