~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he walked towards Alexa Corp, Neil was racking his brains hard to figure out some way to at-least get hold of one invite. He walked over to the receptionist's desk and asked, "I would like to schedule an appointment with Mr. Vidyut. Could you please guide me to his secretary's cabin so that I can meet up with her to setup the meeting?", pretending as though he absolutely had no clue as to where her cabin was, though he very damn well was aware where she sat exactly. "She is seated over there. Just walk down this aisle and you will find her cabin to the right.", said the receptionist pointing the finger in the opposite direction. He thanked her, flashing one of his coquettish smiles and walked towards the secretary's cabin. He entered her cabin excusing himself, seated himself and spoke up. "Hello Ms. Shanaya. I am here to schedule a meeting with your boss Mr. Vidyut. My name is Ne..Ne..Neerav. I am one of the senior managers at SamsonCorp and needed to discuss about a business proposal with him.", he lied conveniently. "Sure Mr. Neerav. Welcome to Alexa Corp. Let me look up his calendar and schedule an appointment for you. I can block the time at the moment, but without an official confirmation from his end, I cannot confirm the time. I could have called him, but right now he is in the middle of a very important meeting with some investors, which may go on for hours together and I do not wish to keep you waiting.", she replied politely, unaware of his true intentions. "Well that definitely works for me.", replied Neil and added, "Is he available on the Friday evening of next week?". She inspected her calendar and replied, "I'm sorry. That time has already been blocked for an event. Mr. Vidyut will not be available then." "Is the event going to take very long? I can meet him after that the event too. Right now, that is the earliest time that would work for me. Could you please check and tell me where the event is scheduled to be held and what the timings would be?" he said, trying desperately to push his agenda. She pulled out an invite from inside her desk and after quickly skimming through it, she replied "The event will be held at the Marina Bay Lounge and as far as this invite goes, it tells me that the part may go on up to 10PM Mr. Neerav." He was carefully observing the envelope and the invite and made perfectly sure that this was the invite he needed to get hold of. He saw the secretary place the invite back into her drawer.

He handed over a visiting card to her which had his profile printed on it, more so like his fake information. "Okay I guess I will have to wait then. Please send me an email regarding the confirmed appointment date to this email id. Also, could you hand me your contact card just in case I need to check anything with you?" he asked flashing his charming smile. She smiled back in response and replied, "Certainly Sir" and handed her card to him. As he was walking down the stairs of the building, all that he could think was 'How can I get a hold of that damn invite?'. As he waked down further, he happened to notice a DHL courier office and immediately a devious idea made its way into his mind. He rushed back upstairs to find a payphone just outside Vidyut's office. He dialed Shanaya's number and she picked up instantly. "Hello. Am I speaking to Ms. Shanaya?" he asked in a gruff voice, when she responded. "Yes. May I know who I am talking to please?" she inquired in a courteous tone. "Madam. I have an important parcel for you, which requires your signature. Could you please come down to the DHL office in the opposite building within five minutes, and pick it up as soon as possible? It has been marked as Urgent, so I'd recommend you come down immediately and pick it up.", lied Neil, disguising his voice in a scruffy tone using his hanky. The girl was wondering who could have possibly sent a parcel to the courier office when most of the parcels get delivered straight to the office, but she decided to go and take a look immediately just in case. Anyhow the DHL office was hardly 2 floors beneath her, and her boss was in an important meeting right now. There was no way he would call her with any work now. She made up her mind to go saying, "Okay. I shall be there right away!" and hung up. She picked up her bag and cellphone and darted out of her cabin in a hurry. The minute she left, Neil walked around casually and entered her cabin stealthily. Being in a hurry to go and pick up the parcel, she had forgotten to lock her cabin. "Oh Shanaya. How predictable!" smirked Neil. He slowly pulled out her drawer in an attempt to not make much noise and grabbed the invite. He felt it to try and gauge its thickness and understand what kind of paper it was made from. He opened the invite and carefully captured clear images from his cellphone, of both the invite and the envelope. He then slipped back the invite inside the envelope, sealed it as it was before, placed it in the drawer and slipped out of her cabin. As he walked down the corridor of the building, he had a victorious grin plastered on his face. Meanwhile the secretary on reaching the DHL office, realized that there was no parcel for her. After going through all the parcels that had recently arrived, the guy at the desk replied apologetically, "We are extremely sorry Madam. There is currently no parcel in the inventory by the name Shanaya. However, there is one addressed to a Shahana. I guess the person who called you messed up with the name." "Oh alright. False alarm. I guess it was a mistake!" she thought to herself. But how did the person get her number if it was the wrong name, she pondered. She suddenly realized that she had left her cabin open, plus her boss would be out of the meeting anytime soon. So, without contemplating much about it, she hurried back to her cabin.