Introduction

Somewhere in Delhi...

It was a dark cold wintry night. He slowly entered the room and crouched up against the window-sill. The moon was in its full glory spreading its light through the window and he deeply gazed into it with his tear-stricken eyes. Strong winds were howling outside as though it was almost in sync with his current state of mind. What a torment the last 24 hours had been. How within few minutes, what was supposed to be the happiest day of his life as he had imagined, had turned to become his worst unfathomable nightmare! Flashes of the sweet good old memories rushed through his mind. Neil had been orphaned at a very tender age after having lost his parents in a fatal accident. His father's closest friend Mr. Prakash Khanna and his wife Shweta had taken up the responsibility of being his guardian. In fact, he had showered so much love and treated him as his own son. Mr. Khanna doted on Neil as he was an obedient and loving child. Juhi was the only child of the Khannas. Neil and Juhi grew up together. They were extremely close to each other – more like childhood sweethearts. Their friendship was so thick that an outsider would definitely misconstrue their relationship to being more than 'just friends'. Juhi treated Neil as her close friend, but for him she meant a lot more than just a friend. He was madly in love with her. One would think that there would be no secrets between them. However, Juhi had hidden something huge from Neil – the fact that she was ardently in love with Vidyut.

Neil had dreamed of this day ever since he had been in love with Juhi. All his dreams were shattered as soon as he got to know that she had fled on their wedding day. The day he had been forever looking forward to. The day when he had thought that they would have been united forever. The turn of events had left him devastated and had shattered his heart into a million pieces. Tears streamed down his eyes, as her face flashed in front of his eyes. If only he had gathered the courage and confessed his feelings to her earlier – all this could have been avoided he thought. The decision to get Juhi and Neil married was a sudden affair, taken by Mr. Khanna who was convinced that Juhi couldn't have gotten a better groom. She had always been an obedient child and she just did not gather the courage to refuse her parents or tell them the truth about Vidyut, and had ended up accepting to marrying Neil. Neil on the other hand, had assumed that she too was ardently in love with him and thus never found it necessary to discuss about her feelings before the wedding – he had not even confessed his feelings to her.

As he read the contents of her letter over and over again, his anger rose more on seeing Vidyut's name. He couldn't accept the fact that Juhi was in love with another man. "Why did you leave me Juhi? I thought we were in love with each other. How could you have possibly run off with another man?" he said to himself, crying. "There is definitely more to this and without finding out the truth and winning you back again, I am not letting you go Juhi. Watch out Vidyut and start counting your days, because I am coming for you!" he spat in anger. His innocence had vanished and now his love now had transformed into a dangerous obsession.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in another place not so far away, she slumped onto her couch shocked. She couldn't stop the tears from flowing as she nervously grappled onto the letter as she read it, her eyes red from all the crying and her body shaking in horror. Vidyut had fled from the place after having married Juhi, leaving behind the letter that was in her hands currently. "I cannot believe this. He had promised to marry me. How could he have possibly left me?" she wailed in pain.

Vidyut and Avni had been classmates for almost 4 years now. She had lost her father, Ashish Malhotra in a tragic accident and lived with her mother Neela Malhotra. Vidyut had been a constant source of support for her in her tough days, especially when she had been trying hard to get over the sudden loss. Though he had just seen her as only a friend, his kind gestures had eventually led to Avni falling in love with him. Unknowingly, he had awakened her deepest desires. She was obsessively in love with him. Vidyut started taking painting classes as he was inclined towards art and it was there that he had met Juhi. They connected with similar interests and in no time they both realized that they had much more in common. Their growing friendship soon turned to love. Avni on the other hand was crazily in love with Vidyut. A few months ago, she finally confessed her feelings to him which came as a shocker for him as he had never seen it coming. He told her that she meant nothing more than a friend to him and he just could not look at her as a partner. Vidyut knew Avni well enough to determine that she was highly emotional and hence refrained from mentioning about Juhi. Avni was shattered when he declined her proposal. She felt as though her world was crumbling and coming down on her. Extremely dejected and heartbroken by his rejection, she took an extreme step and tried to cut herself. She was lucky enough to be saved on time. As she lay in the hospital bed, Vidyut came over to see her. Despite of everything that had happened, she was overjoyed to see him. He was petrified seeing her in that state and blamed himself for being responsible for the same. Contemplating as to how emotional she would be and fearing that she would not hesitate to repeat this again, he did the unthinkable. He made a false promise to her holding her hand saying, "Avni I will never leave you. I promise you."

All those memories flashed across her mind; her eyes now red from all the crying. "We were always meant to be together Vidyut. I will not let Juhi take that away from us. I am coming to win you back", she said wiping her tears. Her eyes gleamed with what looked like vengeance. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello :) So.. any thoughts??  Do not be intimated reading the introduction, I promise you it will mostly be AvNeil centric after a couple of chapters. I would love to hear from the readers. Any kind of feedback will be appreciated. See you soon :)