Five

Jemma’s P.O.V.

Michael was relentless in his insistence to pay for my half of the groceries with his, but I refused. I didn’t want it to seem like I was just using him for money, especially now that I know he’s actually in one of the biggest bands in the world.

Knowing the truth made me much more aware of my surroundings when I was with him, but him realizing who I was didn’t seem to phase him as much as I did which wasn’t a surprise. All I do is post entertaining three minute videos on YouTube with the occasional tour with other internet beings and appearances every year, and Michael was actually writing music, selling out arenas, and traveling all over the world for his job. I honestly felt so small compared to him regardless of how smoothly our beginning was, but I tried to not let it get in the way of our friendship so I acted as casual as possible. Maybe this is why he wasn’t too keen on telling me who he really was.

"Food shopping went very well if I do say so myself," Michael commented as we brought a dolley filled with our grocery bags up to my room first

"I know, the cucumbers just make your eyes pop," I joked while we were arranging the food I bought in my kitchen

"You’re very witty you know that?" He chuckled letting his arm brush against my skin once we were both standing in front of the fridge about to put the different products we were holding into the frozen chamber. He stopped himself after his comment to take a break and looked at me for my response.

"I have my moments," I shrugged continuing my movements until his next words made me stop

"I like it,"

Right after, he went on with the rest of my bags as I stopped trying to keep myself from blushing. This god damn fuckboy is doing something to me and I hate it, I really do. I’ve never been this flustered and tingly around one single person before and then he comes along and suddenly it felt like everything was thrown at me all at once.

Michael’s. P.O.V.

I could tell that what I said affected her, I just didn’t know whether it was in a good or bad way.

She was something else you know? Someone I just happened to fall into one odd night, both literally and figuratively, who seemed to have touched me in more ways than one. This wasn’t just a crush on a hot girl who I was intending on having a one night stand with, I wanted more with her, and hopefully I get that chance to do so.

"I don’t know if all of the lads are home right now, but if they are then you’re gonna love them," I said opening the door to my flat so we could get in to do my half of the groceries

"Wow I get to meet all of 5 seconds of summer, I feel so privileged," she remarked as I cringed at the use of our band in her statement

Meeting new people was always a touchy subject between me and the guys because with us still being new in the business, we couldn’t weed out the fakes and phonies who were just using us for our fame and fortune like other people in the industry could. It made it even harder to trust people, that’s why I didn’t want to tell Jemma.

I just wanted to see how far our friendship would go without having her know what I really do, but our little fan encounter today made that impossible. The good thing about it was that nothing changed between us even after the revelation, in fact, I think I was more excited about being friends with another YouTuber than she was about knowing a band member.

"You should be, obviously we’re the best band in the entire world, everyone loves us," I complimented myself jokingly as she playfully rolled her eyes at me

"If they’re just like you then I find that very hard to believe,"

In my short time of knowing her, she always did have knack at throwing insults at me, that’s how I knew she’d fit in really well with the guys.