Six

Jemma’s P.O.V.

After I finished helping Mike unload his groceries, I went back to my flat with promises that I’d come back for that movie night tonight. Even though I just wanted a night in for myself to find myself again from what happened last night, it was really hard to say no to someone like Michael. 

Today was my day to post a video on my channel so I had to go over to my friends’ house to steal their wifi and film. Andrea’s was my usual spot to update so I sent her a text and headed straight to her house.

I walked in using the spare key from where they usually hid it outside their doorstep to be greeted with her and Arden immediately attacking me with questions.

"What have you been up to lately Jem?" Andrea asked

"To be more specific, who have you been up to lately?" Arden asked

"Boys? Red headed boys?"

"Red headed boys in bands?"

They directly told me, making my eyes grow wide at the mention of that. Michael.

"How the hell did you find that out?" I asked confused because I had just met the boy last night

"Get on twitter dumbass!" Andrea said as I pulled at my phone finally connecting to the wifi

My mentions were blowing up, all I could see was Michael’s name and the picture of us with the fan at target all over my timeline, but what caught my eye was how people were supporting and defending me through the hate that I could obviously see.

@sarahlynn_1995: They look so cute together so everyone hating on her should shut up

@girlwithcamera4: Anyone being rude to Jemma needs to stop, Michael looks happy with her, so we should be happy too.

"Jesus," I breathed scrolling down twitter of what seemed to be endless amounts of a mixture of hate and love for Michael and I, but I had to set things straight regardless.

@LoveJem: I am single. He is single. We are just friends.

I tweeted out hoping that it was enough to end the rumors starting to spread around.

"You guys are just friends? Well that’s boring," Arden commented reading what I tweeted as I rolled my eyes

"Well the truth can be boring," I said

"It won’t be the truth for long," Andrea winked as I began setting up my camera to film

"Actually it’s going to stay the truth because he is him and I am me." I claimed as if my statement made any sense at all

"Yeah yeah, just tell me if he’s a good kisser," Arden said as they went off to do their own things so I could get my video up

I sighed knowing that they were never going to let this die down, but I couldn’t lie that it was pretty entertaining. I didn’t know how Michael was reacting to this though, maybe he’ll cancel the movie night and I’ll be able to actually get a good nights rest for once, but at the same time, I really did want to spend time with him.

When I was trying to figure out what I should do for my video, the first thing that came to my head was a q&a because I know I haven’t done that in a while, but I also knew that most of the questions that people would ask me would be about Michael, and I was nowhere ready for that. I eventually got the idea to do a challenge which seemed to get a good response from my viewers once I posted it.

When I got back home, it was already half past 7 and Michael told me to come by their flat around 8, so I suppose this day just wasn’t my day to be alone. It was for the best though because event though I would never admit this out loud, I’m excited about meeting the rest of Mike’s friends and just hanging out with them. It would be nice having people I can just be around within the privacy of my own home since I only had to walk about 4 feet to their door across from mine anyway so it was an easy move.