Chapter 6 - Billie

I finished my coffee (actually Finneas', but I don't care), and went to change. It was 10:21, so Finneas and I went out and knocked on Rose's hotel door. (I was seconds away from writing me and Finneas 😂)

It took no more than four seconds for her to open the door.

"Hi!" I smiled at Rose.

"Hi!" She greeted us and opened the door wider.

"Hey! I'm Finneas. I heard your name was rose?" He asked.

" Of course I know who you are. My name is Rose, that's right." She replied smiling.

" We were wondering if you wanted to hang out, we have like two whole hours free. Wanna get some Taco Bell?" I asked.

" Sure! Let me just grab my purse" she said and did as such " okay we can go, and if you want to avoid recognition, you gotta wear something at least a bit less big, Billie." Rose told me, and we all laughed.

" You do have a point, but we're hungry so come on." Finneas said.

We went down and out of the hotel, where the car was parked and got in.

"So you know where the nearest Taco Bell is?" Rose asked. I chuckled.

"No.. that's why there Is a GPS turned on.. " I said, pointing to the screen in the center (some cars don't have the screen in the center front, but in this her car has one). I had turned the GPS on but she hadn't noticed it. She nodded sheepishly.

I drove, since I wanted to, with Finneas in the passenger seat and Rose sitting in the back because she prefers that. I think she's lying but I don't wanna make her uncomfortable so we just went along with it. I glance at her through the side mirror and see her looking through the window.

I poked Finneas in the side, then looked at Rose, so he understood.

"So Rose, do you have any hobbies?" He asked. She removed her eyes from the road and looked at Finneas.

"I.. crochet, knit, um... I also like reading, like a lot." She answered him, I think she sounded more comfortable at the end of her sentence. Wait.. she crochets?

"Wait, what's crochet? I sound dumb, I mean I know what knitting is, but I don't think I've heard of crochet,or crocheting." I asked. She seemed shocked, then she started laughing. I looked at Finneas, and he shrugged.

"What's funny?" I asked, genuinely confused now. She seemed to sober up then looked at me.

"Nothing, it's just weird that you know what knitting is but never heard of crochet, they are nearly always mistaken for each other." I shrugged and she continued
"Anyway, crochet is nearly, nearly, the same as knitting but it's actually with one hook, and has different stitches, but all in all they are both just creating things out of yarn. But it's easier to make stuff with crochet, for me at least."

She held up her purse's keychain, and I saw through the center mirror a small ice cream keychain, it was so cute.

"It's perfect!" Finneas exclaimed looking at her directly. I hummed I agreement.

"It's so cutee" I said, and I saw her getting red.

"shut up.." she mumbled under her breath, but I still heard it and laughed.

We stayed silent after that, because the whole drive was apparently ten or so minutes. I pulled up in the parking right beside Taco Bell and we all got out, choosing to eat there instead of Takeout.

"I would like 5 bean burritos, please." I looked around then added, "to table 12, if that's no problem" I told the worker.

"Coming right up." They responded. (Because i dont wanna fucking misgender anyone)

We sat at the table, and no more than 2 minutes later, our order came in. We started eating then Rose broke the silence, looking at Finneas.

"So how's Claudia?" She asked.

"She's good, I kind of miss her a lot, but she's coming next week. She has work." He said, that's the first time he's spoken about her to someone other than me, and that's mainly because we share the same room.

"And where are you going to be next week? If you don't mind me asking."

"We're going to be in Paris. Why, you're gonna tail us?" I asked teasingly. She laughed.

"Nah, I've already spent most of my money on the ticket, the VIP pass and the meet and greet. Money doesn't grow on trees."

"You're going to be at the meet and greet?" I asked her, obviously excited.

"Bro I'm gonna be sitting first row, too. Chill." She said laughing and my smile grew even bigger.

"Well that's good. At least there would be someone Billie knows there. It's always awkward." Finneas said smiling, and she nodded. She looked at me and her eyes grew wide.

"How the shit eating fuck did you finish your burrito that fast?!" The three of us laughed.

"Practice" I said and she laughed even harder.