Hello...and Goodbye (Revamped)

Start from the beginning

"It's a Scaled Snapper," Akali mumbled. "We need to get out of here before it kills us."

"Yeah, no crap," Y/N responded. "But how?"

"I...don't know."

"Great."

Suddenly, a figure rushed out from in between the legs of the creature. Seemingly straight from the shadows. It grabbed the two children and rushed them out from the area.

"Eve!" Y/N exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"We got tired of waiting," Evelynn explained

"We got tired of waiting," Evelynn explained. "So we split up to look for you two. And imagine my surprise when I round a corner and see you two had somehow managed to get trapped by a Scaled Snapper."

"Sorry," Y/N apologized.

"It's fine."

Evelynn continued to run with the two. Heavy footsteps could be heard in the background, with each second, the sound growing louder.

"Shit, how is this thing so fast?!" Evelynn grit her teeth and sped up. Akali and Y/N tried to speed up as well. However, they couldn't run as fast. The footsteps grew even louder. Suddenly, a bright blue orb flew by their head. A girl landed next to the trio, her hand outstretched. She looked at them; her fox ears twitched a bit before a smirk affixed itself on her face. "What's goin' on, guys?"

"Ahri!"

The girl, now identified as Ahri, fixed her attention back on the monster

The girl, now identified as Ahri, fixed her attention back on the monster. A groaning noise emanated through the air as it stumbled back onto its feet.

"Jesus..." Akali drawled. "This thing just won't stop."

However, before it could fully get to its feet, a barrage of purple projectiles pummeled its head. The creature fell back, breathing in once before becoming still.

A purple-haired girl walked up to the group. "You guys okay?" She asked.

 "You guys okay?" She asked

Ahri huffed. "Yeah, Kai'sa. We're fine. I could've taken it, though."

Kai'sa smirked. "I'm sure you could've. However, if we still wanted to go to the café, we need to hurry up. You know it takes longer for you to recharge your mana."

"Yeah, yeah."

The group walked away from the dead monster towards the café, jovially talking to each other, and acting stupid overall as all teenagers do. However, all good things cannot last.

--2 years later--

"YOU'RE WHAT!" A group of voices calls out; Kai'sa, Ahri, Evelynn, and Akali stared wide-eyed at Y/N.

"I'm moving. My dad said that he found a better job in Piltover, so we're moving to America." Y/N responded.

"But...but what about us?" Akali questioned. "Can't you change his mind?"

Y/N clenched his fists before letting out a shaky breath. "I asked him," Y/N explained. "And he isn't willing to stay here. I'm sorry, I don't think I can change his mind in time."

"When are you leaving?" Evelynn asked. "We should hang out one last time before then."

"I'm leaving tomorrow, sorry I couldn't tell you sooner, but I was just told today too."

"Let's go to the café!" Ahri blurted out. The groups' eyes became focused on her. "Let's go to the café!" She repeated. "We can all hang out where we always do."

"But don't we want to go somewhere special?" Kai'sa responded with a question. "We should make it memorable."

"No." Y/N once again spoke up. "Let's go to the café. It's not like this is the last time I'll see you girls. We all have each other's phone numbers. Think of this as a sort of...extended vacation. We'll all see each other again at some point."

"He's right." Akali pointed out. "It's not some fanfiction where we won't see each other for a decade. We can always meet up somewhere down the line."

Kai'sa pondered for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "Alright," she said. "Let's go to the café then."

And like many times before, the group walked the familiar path to the café. However, now the group was quiet, slowly shuffling their feet. Because while they might've accepted the fact that they can always see their friend once more. It doesn't mean they have to be happy that he's leaving. A bell signified the door to the café being opened. One by one, they all entered, and the door closed behind them.

A/N: Our friends have now split with the promise to keep in touch. I wonder when they'll meet again?