Prologue

30 years ago:

"Timmy! It's time to open the presents!" I was all dressed up for my boy's birthday.

Everyone was done except Timmy, who had been planning a "surprise" for all of us.

"Timmy?" I asked again. No reply.

"Margaret, ask him to come out." My husband was getting impatient. Being twelve was a big thing in our family, and Dave was not keen on being late.

"Timmy...we need to go now!" I knocked on his door.

The door slid open by itself. A zephyr of wind flew into my face. The air turned chilly, and the wind got stronger.

My husband was behind me.

"Timmy?" He shouted. There was a hint of bewilderment in his speech.

In full view, there was a boy. His veins throbbed. He looked nothing like Timmy! The boy was hunched over and naked. He dragged his claws along Timmy's bed.

I struggled to open my eyes.

"What is going on-- OOF!" My husband was knocked onto the floor by the creature.

"EEEKKKK!" The creature grabbed at his face. "Dave!" I tried to throttle the beast , but it was too late.

Dave was lying in a sea of red. Lacerations and bruises covered his face.

On the top of his forehead, there were three gaping holes. His eyes were still open from shock.

"DAVE! NO!" I cried at the sight of his limp body. He was certainly dead.

I turned around to run. I made it to the door in Timmy's room, and I saw...Timmy's head and innards. They were hung up on the door. His empty skin could not be found. I tried to pull the door, but it was jammed.

The creature lunged out at me. It punctured my sleeves. I screamed. The creature's blond hair up close, was very intimidating.