Chapter twenty seven

Robert's POV

''It's been three months since big time billionaire and owner of Dreams Broadcasting Company, Robert Stenson was kidnapped. The police are still searching and are doing everything possible to contact the kidnapper, whom they believe is a twenty six year old woman named Lucy Nesslar who escaped from the psychiatric rehabilitation centre in San Francisco. She is also wanted for the attempted murder of Sabrina Welton and Robert Stenson himself a few years ago. The police have broadened their search base and are now undergoing a global search for one of San Francisco's beloved with help from the FBI and and the CIA,'' the newscaster on the television said. ''You'd think that after three months they would have given up on you by now,'' Lucy said to me. I was still tied up to the stupid chair I was tied to three months ago but at least I wasn't blindfolded and there was no duct tape covering my mouth. Like I predicted, the past three months had been the worst months of my life. Lucy, Dante and I had been staying at the same motel the whole time. They didn't starve me though and they hadn't hurt me yet and no Lucy and I haven't slept together. I just sat there, all day, everyday.....watching one news report after the other on the television about my abduction. I actually began to think I would never be found and would have to spend the rest of my miserable life living with a psychopath. I have tried to escape a few times, but it never worked out well. At a point I just gave up and decided to rely on the police but since they've also started to disappoint, I guess I need a miracle. ''Dante and I are going out for some supplies. Try not to escape while we are out,'' Lucy smiled as she headed for the door with her scary looking accomplice. I put on a blatant fake smile at her comment and then frowned again. As soon as they stepped out, I hopped on my chair to the dresser which for some reason had a knife on it. I picked it up and carefully cut myself loose. Once I was done, I victoriously stood up and opened the door slightly. I peeked my head out of the room to check the corridors but there was nobody there so I snuck out and tiptoed out of the motel. Once I was out, I ran. I had no idea where I was going but I needed to get away from the motel as far as my legs could take me. Once I was out of breath, I paused and stopped at the side of the road to catch my breath. Then, I saw a car driving towards me from a distance. ''Hey!'' I shouted and waved at the driver to stop and he did, right in front of me. There was a woman at the passenger seat who was about to speak but I quickly got in without thinking. As soon as I got in, I recognized their faces and immediately regretted jumping into the car. ''Aww man......how did you guys even know I escaped?'' I asked Lucy and Dante. ''Because we planned it...that's why I left Dante's knife on the dresser,'' Lucy said coyly. ''But why?'' I asked confused. ''I'll explain later, but right now, we are going on a little trip,'' Lucy replied and smiled. Before I could ask any more questions, Dante used something to hit my head and I blacked out again.

Sabrina's POV

''Here you go sis,'' the pretty young girl who claimed to be my younger sister said as she placed a bowl of soup on a tray in front of me. ''Thank you,'' I replied. ''So you still don't remember anything?'' the girl asked as she sat beside me on the hospital bed. ''Nope,'' I replied. ''You said your name is Alana right?'' I asked uncertain. ''Yeah,'' she replied sadly. ''I'm sorry, I'm really trying to remember but I can't,'' I apologized. ''Hey, it's okay.......you'll remember when you're better,'' she said and hugged me. ''You know what, why don't watch T.V. for awhile. It may make you feel better,'' she said as she picked the television remote from the cart next to my bed and turned it on. ''Okay,'' I replied. When the television came to life, a news reporter was on. Alana was about to change the station when I stopped her. ''Don't change it please. I might as well catch up on all the news I've missed these past three months right?'' I smiled. ''Sure,'' she smiled back and placed the remote back on the cart and looked on to the screen facing us. '' 'It's been three months since big time billionaire and owner of Dreams Broadcasting Company, Robert Stenson was kidnapped. The police are still searching and are doing everything possible to contact the kidnapper, whom they believe is a twenty six year old woman named Lucy Nesslar who escaped from the psychiatric rehabilitation centre in San Francisco. She is also wanted for the attempted murder of Sabrina Welton and Robert Stenson himself a few years ago. The police have broadened their search base and are now undergoing a global search for one of San Francisco's beloved with help from the FBI and the CIA,'' the news reporter said. ''Wait What?!'' I exclaimed. ''Robert has been kidnapped and you didn't tell me?'' I asked Alana shocked. ''Wait....you remember Robert?'' she asked carefully. I do? Wait.....I do. I do......and just like that, I remembered. I remembered EVERYTHING. ''Oh my gosh I do. I remember. I remember what happened Alana,'' I said excitedly. ''I was driving to Robert's house after I had dropped you guys at the airport and then Ryan called and he was trying to warn me about something but I couldn't hear a word he was saying because he was talking really fast and then this car crashed into mine head on....'' I said hurriedly without pausing. ''Calm down Bree. Who is Ryan?'' she asked clueless. ''He's Robert's best friend,'' I replied. ''Oh my God. What if he was warning me about the accident? But how could he have possibly known?'' I asked. ''Okay relax Bree, you just recovered from memory loss, let's not over burden your brain,'' Alana said. ''Stay here, try not to think too much, I'm going to call the doctor,'' she said and run out of the room. A few minutes later, Alana, my mum and my dad were all standing around my bed as the doctor run a few tests on me. ''Mhnn...this is quite interesting,'' the doctor said as he wrote something down. ''Sabrina so you say you remember everything?'' the doctor asked me. ''Yess...I do now can I go now that I've recovered?'' I asked impatiently. ''Woah easy there, you're still on the road to recovery Sabrina, let's not rush into anything,'' the doctor advised. The doctor then turned to my family and said, ''Okay now I need you guys to ask Sabrina questions about herself. Ask her about stuff like her birthday, how old she is, where she lives....'' ''28th May, 27years old, San Francisco, Montgomery Street....now can I go?'' I rattled. Everyone just stared at me shocked. ''Looks like you have recovered. But, we still have to run some more tests and then observe you for a couple of days before discharging you,'' the doctor said. ''A couple of days?!'' I shouted shocked. ''Mi hija, calm down, relax and recover the right way. Don't rush the process,'' my mum said calmly. I let out a loud groan of frustration as I looked up to the ceiling and then said, ''fine.''