Chapter Six

The next morning just as Ryan had said, he came over to my house and I told him why I froze in the middle of the speech, all that Sabrina had told me and what I said to her. After I had finished narrating what happened, Ryan asked surprised, ''Wowww. So let me get this straight. The Robert Stenson ends up liking a girl who he is desperate to find and then when he finally finds her, gives up on her because she's dating a guy she might not really like as much as she likes you?'' ''Get yourself together man,'' Ryan said pouring the glass of water in his hand over my face. ''Heyy!'' I shouted and reached for a towel nearby. ''Sorry but you needed that,'' Ryan replied not in the least bit apologetic for what he did. ''Robert do you really like this girl?'' Ryan asked. ''Of course I do,'' I replied. ''Then get up, put your pro cap on and go get that girl,'' Ryan said shoving me out of my chair. ''But she has a boyfriend who has been approved by her mother while she didn't even want to give me her daughter's number,'' I stated. ''When has that ever stopped you?!'' Ryan shouted annoyed. ''Look. This girl might be the future Mrs. Stenson. The girl you'll fall head over heels in love with one day. But you'll never know if you don't try. And if you don't try and this was actually meant to be, you're going to spend the rest of your life wondering,'' Ryan added. ''When did you become such a love expert?'' I teased. ''Marriage really has a way of changing people. Even if its only been 24 hours,'' he laughed and I joined. ''But you're right though. I am going to get that girl!'' I said energetically. ''Yeah!'' Ryan shouted back supportively. I walked out the door and closed it behind me only to return a few seconds later. ''Why what's wrong?'' Ryan asked confused seeing me walk back into the house. ''I just remembered that I don't know where she's staying,'' I laughed. ''I'll call Ashley,'' Ryan laughed as he picked out his phone from his pocket. Just as he was about to press call, someone knocked on the door. I wondered who could be coming to visit me on a Sunday afternoon. I opened the door and then froze. Standing right in front of me was none other than Sabrina herself. I started acting like a fish again just holding the door knob and opening and closing my mouth. Ryan walked towards the door and when he saw what was going on, he smiled and said, ''I'll leave you two alone. I'll call you later buddy. Nice to meet you Sabrina.'' And headed out. ''Can I come in?'' she asked . I gestured her inside still not able to say anything. ''Can I offer you something to drink?'' I asked regaining my speech. ''No I'm fine thanks,'' she said as she sat in one of the sofas in the hall. ''So how did you find me?'' I asked curiously. ''I called Ashley and Serena told her where you live and then she told me,'' she replied. ''Okay....what are you doing here because honestly I don't need your apology, I don't want to be just friends and....'' I trailed off. ''I broke up with Justin,'' she interrupted. ''What?!'' I exclaimed with a shrill voice trying to hide my excitement. ''Why?'' I asked. ''Well yesterday after we talked, I felt horrible. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't do anything. And then, this morning, I accidentally called Justin, Robert and that's when I realized that I can't do this to him. I can't date him when I like someone else. So we broke up,'' she explained. There was a long pause and then she continued, ''I am really sorry if I hurt you in anyway. I just came here to apologize and to tell you that I still really really like you and I'd love for us to go out again but I understand if you've moved on and you want nothing to do with me,'' she said as she stood up to leave. ''Sabrina wait!'' I called after her and run to stand in front of her. ''I'll pick you up at seven,'' I said smiling. ''Sure. And this time, we don't have to take a cab. I know how uncomfortable you were the last time,'' she laughed. Man she has the cutest laugh and the most amazing smile. ''Alright. Wait can I have your number? Oh and I need to know the hotel you're staying in,'' I said. ''Oh I'm not staying at a hotel. My grandma had a house here so that's where I'm staying. I'll send you the location,'' she said as we exchanged phones and inputted each other's numbers. I took my phone back and realized she had saved her number under the name: Sabrina Welton. I finally know her surname. I broke into a smile remembering how frustrated I was when I tried to google her and then realized I didn't know her surname. ''See you tonight,'' Sabrina said walking out the door. ''See you,'' I replied and shut the door. As soon as I did, I started dancing and shouting. I immediately called Ryan and told him everything that had happened. ''Yeah man! That's what I'm talking about!'' Ryan shouted into the phone. ''You go there tonight and you show her why you are The Robert Stenson,'' Ryan said laughing. I laughed along thinking about how I ended up with a best friend like him.