Chapter Nineteen

Rebecca's POV:

"NooOoOO I don't wanna!" I complained.

 It was four in the morning, and my sister was dragging me to the train. I dug my feet into the ground, trying to slow her fast pace, but she was resilient.

"Come on Rebecca!" Liz groaned, pulling my arm to get me onto the train. 

"But-but… volleyball!" I whined. Yeah, I was acting like a toddler, but I didn't care. I really didn't want to take this trip. Liz gave me one final yank before I finally gave in.

"This sucks…." I complained once again.

"I swear if my team doesn't make it to Nationals, they're getting an ear full from me." I thought, crossing my arms. The train then started to move towards the airport, as I would stare out the window and think about random things. (Per usual)

"So, I can tell you don't want to take the trip, but are you at least excited to see some old friends?" My sister asked me.

"I guess, but I would rather stay here honestly." I answered. 

"I can tell." She said through her teeth, as I made a pouty face at her.

The train ride was only an hour. Definitely not as long as the plane ride was going to be.

"Darn, I can't believe I'm missing the only year I would get to play in the preliminaries with Ara and Maxi." I thought.

The train soon stopped at the airport, and Liz had to fight me again to get me off the train. 

"Rebecca, don't be like this." She whispered to me in embarrassment.

"Can't we just tell mom I forgot about it?" I whispered back.

"If we did that, she wouldn't let you play volleyball anyway." She said tugging on my arm. I finally let her win, and I groaned off the train. 

We walked into the airport and went through security. After that, we went to the waiting room.

"Well, we're later then I would've liked, but at least we made it with some time to spare." Liz sighed.

"Now, you do know you're flying alone right?" She asked me.

"Yes, I know…" I answered, releasing a heavy sigh. 

"Oya?" I heard, as my head perked up to such a familiar word. I walked towards where I heard the word. My eyes were widened, but they somehow got wider when I saw Maxi, Kuroo, and Kenma, all standing at the entrance of my plane.

"M-Maxi, Kenma, a-and Kuroo, wah… what are you doing here?" 

"What, did you think we wouldn't come say goodbye to you?" Maxi said shifting her weight and crossing her arms.

"D-dang it you guys…" I sighed. 

"Plane 345 is now boarding, if this is your plane, please make your way to entrance 23." A lady announced, meaning it was time to take my leave.

"Well, that's my plane…" I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Alright, one last thing Reba." Maxi said, stopping me. She opened her arms, and I quickly jumped into them.

"You had better get to Nationals Maxi." My muffled voice said to her. Maxi scoffed and Said, "Do you doubt me?!" 

Giving me a death grip, I returned a pouty face and broke the hug between us. I then walked over to Kuroo, and gave him a fist bump.

"Now if you don't make it to Nationals as well, you're never going to hear the end of it." I playfully threatened him.

"Are you doubting me as well?!" He said dramatically. I raised an eyebrow at him, before I punched him. I then went to Kenma, who wasn't prepared at all for how tightly I squeezed him.

"I'm going to miss you~" I said, almost letting my tears slip.

"Don't worry, when you come back, we'll be going to Nationals." Kenma assured me.

I let go of him, and attacked his lips. 

"What I would give to have this moment last forever." I thought, keeping the embrace between us. After a few more moments, I broke off and gave him another hug, as I then signaled Maxi and Kuroo to join in. The group hug lasted a good bit, before I broke it to get onto my plane. 

"Alright y'all, one last team huddle before I head out?" I asked.

"You know it." Maxi said, bringing everyone into a circle. "Would you like the honors, Tetsuro?" 

"Plane 345 will stop boarding in 20 minutes, if this is your plane, please make your way to entrance 23." The lady spoke once more.

"We're like the blood in our veins," he said, as we all brought our hands into a fist. "We must flow without stopping. Keep the oxygen flowing, and our minds working." He finished. 

"Let's win this!" Maxi added.

"Yeah!!" We all said in unison. I then ran up to the entrance, and turned around to say,

"I'll see y'all next week!"

I  gave them a grin, as I waved to them with both my hands.

3rd POV:

Rebecca's plane soon took off, meaning the three volleyball players could go home. 

"So, do you have any game plans Max?" Kuroo asked, resting his arms around his neck. Maxi then turned to him with a glare. 

"Do you think I'll have any game plans ready this early in the morning?" She said, very annoyed. 

"Sorry sorry, just curious that's all." He retorted.

"Well then what about you guys, what's your game plan?" Maxi asked.

"To win." Kuroo said bluntly.

"Of course…" Maxi sighed. She then looked over at Kenma, to see he was already on his phone.

"Watchu doin' Kenma?" She asked.

"Uh, t-texting.." He said with a blush. Kuroo and Maxi then gave a mischievous smirk, as they knew exactly who he was texting. 

Soon they exited the airport, meeting Maxi's aunt outside.

"Hey kiddos," she greeted them. "Alright this is how it will go. Kozume gets the front seat, and you two can sit in the back together."

“Oi! I want to ride in the front!” Maxi shouted.

"Did I stutter? If you sit in the front you won't be able to sit next to your boyfriend." She retorted.

“But I don’t want to sit next to a smelly man child,” Maxi whined, “and I think Tetsuro can deal with it.” 

"Are you sure about that?" Kuroo said with dramatic tears. "I want to sit next to you…"

“Yup,” she said hastily, and rather heartlessly as she walked over to the front seat.

"I don't care where I sit, just pick a spot." Kenma said, looking back down at his phone. 

"Well Kuroo, do you want to drive?" The Aunt asked, jingling the keys.

“I don’t wanna sit next to the man child. Please I’ll do anything,” Maxi begged. 

"So heartless…" Kuroo said, acting like he had been stabbed in the heart. 

"Alright fine, I don't get you sometimes Maxine." The Aunt shrugged, starting the car to drive home.