chapter nineteen

Start bij het begin

I remember asking Medina why our school's sportwears was basketball themed and she said something about it been our proprietors favourite sport. So therefore they decided we would be wearing it. I had hummed in approval. Whoever our proprietors were they sure had a great fashion sense.

After much inspection and adjustments Medina and I started towards our classes. As we arrived on our block screaming, laughter and noise filled the halls. Everyone either standing with his or her group of friends Chilling and gossiping. Others played goofy games. Some were in pairs,obviously couples.
It was a massive black Sea of chaos and I loved it.
As we kept on walking an annoying screeching noise caught our attention. It was Tomiwa and she had a Fila brand sneaker in her hand and she ran away from an agitated looking Tobi who was hopping after her on his right leg but stopped at the edge of the cemented pavement to avoid getting his white socks stained.

"Tomiwa stop it. Give me back my shoe". He pleaded. Well he tried to, but she just cackled like the witch she is and shook her index finger at him. "If you want it come and get it" she cooed trying to sound sexy but just ended up looking like a dying fish.
"Tomiwa I can't get my socks dirty,just give me back my shoe please". He actually pleaded this time looking very irritated. But she just laughed again twirling the shoe around her fingers from the strings and repeating what she said earlier.

So I found out that Tobi is our sports prefect for the boys section of the school. So now am guessing the reason why he doesn't want to get himself dirty is because he wants to be able to potray a good example to the junior students. But since he decided to date a brainless chicken,he has to suffer the consequences. Right now almost everyone was watching the scene with amusement evident on their faces. But really it was sight to see. The big bad wolf Tobi been pushed around by his girlfriend as per usual. This always happened so it wasn't something new but it was always fun to watch him beg.

"Tobi just remove your socks go collect am na" Gideon our social prefect from C class advised but immediately rose his hands in surrender after Tobi sent him a scorching glare. His eyes then scanned the whole block like he was looking for something. By now everyone had started getting bored and were going back to their various shenanigans since Tobi decided not to do anything about the situation. His eyes suddenly landed on mine, his glare unrelenting. I was taken aback for a second but quickly recovered sending him back my own glare in 7 fold. His gaze narrowed to slits as they shifted towards the person standing close to me.

All of a sudden his glare dropped as he kept on looking at my best friend who was busy playing with my curls and asking me if I have more yogurt in my back pack. Different emotions were playing on his features as he stared at her and i watched the whole exchange intently slightly confused. But then it finally clicked like a light bulb. I know that lost puppy look anywhere.
Does Tobi have a crush on Medina?.

Of course he does. I almost laughed at the thought. Tomiwa would totally flip a bitch if she found out.

His dark eyes shifted back to mine and my eyesbrows rose in amusement, a smirk playing on my lips saying ' i know your secret' through my facial expressions.

"Tobi... Tobi!.... Tobi am talking to you". Tomiwa broke our staring contest with her annoying voice.

Tobi turned his attention to her and did what nobody would ever expect him to do since they started their relationship. He hissed at her and hopped on one shoe clad leg walking back to class.

Did Tobi just walk out on his queen?. Well shit is getting real.

Tomiwa gasped and so did half of the block. I guess some people were still watching the exchange. I Chuckled at her features. Her veins were prominent on her temples and steam was coming out of her ears as she stormed after him.
"Tobi are you mad?" She shrieked out but he paid no attention to her. He even made a show of blocking his ears as he got into the class. I laughed louder this time causing Tomiwa to throw me a glare over her shoulder,her friends flanking her they  followed after him.Medina jabbed an elbow In my ribs to shush me. I placed a palm over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"Did you see her face when he hissed it was like as if a volcano erupted up inside her". I whispered to Medina who laughed lowly as I joined her. " Oya it's okay let's enter the class abeg". She shushed me again smiling wildly as we walked to our seats.

As we sat down I had this feeling that someone was staring at me but shook it of as nothing. I reached into my bag and took  out a bottle of freshyo yogurt for Medina who gladly accepted it and practically ripped the cover off.

" Tobi what the hell is wrong with you. Will you just talk to me" Tomiwa screamed her chest rising and falling rapidly as she watched Tobi who leisurely leaned his head on his hands and stared straight ahead towards the board not sparing her a glance.
"I was only trying to play with you and then all of a sudden you're acting like am a pest or something" she seethed
" My dear you're already a pest" Medina mumbled under her breath as she took a sip of her drink absolutely enjoying the show.i chuckled at her comment.

" Or is this about another girl Tobi. Are you seeing someone else is that ... "

" SHUT UP" Tobi interrupted her slamming his hands down on the desk suprising us and making Tomiwa scream in fear. He got up from his seat and stalked towards her a menacing sneer on his lips.
"Just shut up for once in your life". He growled. Her face paled visibly as she stared at him.

"Whoa" Medina whispered, her eyes widening. Yeah whoa.....

Tomiwa was speechless her lips moved but nothing came out her friends looked scared for her. But I felt nothing. She had it coming from the start.
She looked up at him since he was so close he towered her two heads over.
"I've had enough" he snarled reaching his hand behind her and snatching his shoe on her desk. She stood still not saying anything. Her lips trembled and a single tear rolled out of her right eye. Pffttt..... So dramatic.

Tobi put on his shoes not bothering to lace them up as he stormed out of the class.
"Guy..." Sam called out, but snapped his mouth shut as Tobi rose his index finger indicating he didn't want to hear anything.

The class was still silent only the hysterical sobs from Tomiwa could be heard as her friends tried to console her.

Good luck with that.

As I was about to turn back around and face my business, I once again felt someone's eyes on me. I turned my head and my eyes met bored beautiful honey brown ones staring at me. He was the one looking at me this entire time. I stared back scanning his attire. He had on the schools sportswear ,With a white turtleneck hugging his biceps. How can a guy in a turtle neck look so edible. He finished his look with black sneakers with white soles,the laces done neatly. His curls had grown longer,some falling into his forehead and he didn't even bother to push them back up. He jaw line looked much more prominent today and as I looked closer I noticed he was clenching it tightly the bones there jumping slightly. His chest was rising faster than normal. Hmmmm that's new. As I caught his gaze again I noticed he looked annoyed for some reason. Was he angry I was checking him out? Because he always did the same to me. His gaze hardened more as I kept on staring,he scanned my face for a while before he finally tore his eyes away from me and faced the book he was currently holding.

"That was so intense". Medina commented.
"Yeah" I answered absent-mindedly. I knew she was talking about the fight between the lovebirds but I couldn't help but relate it to Munir and i's staring match.

The class was back to been noisey as always. Currently, Sam was in front of the class singing off key to suicidal by ynw Melly. Apparently our teacher wasn't around, so it was automatically a free period. And Sam decided to goof around and disturb the class.
It's was really funny to be honest. It helped take my mind off certain things which I will not mention. And a certain person whose name I won't call.

I sighed half-heartedly, taking out my sharpies and my scrapbook from my locker. They were filled with my sketches which were mostly done during my leisure.

I started scribbling mindlessly not really knowing what I was drawing but either way going with it. Medina mumbled something about going to sit with Amanda and I just hummed in response. Too lost in what I was sketching.
30 minutes into the class and still no sign of Mr kola. The class is still as noisy as ever, Tomiwa and her crew laughing their heads off about whatever Sarah is yapping to them. I guess she's stopped crying.
But seriously though ,they sound like dying hyenas and I really gotta pee. The yogurt has served it's purpose.

I dumped my stuff in my locker not bothering to close it and stormed out of the class like my ass was on fire.