Driving to the Store

Mario and Luigi exited their house and walked to the car. It was cold and rainy, and Luigi had an umbrella over his head, while Mario had the hood of the jacket he was wearing pulled up over his head (Also masks! Wear a mask!). Luigi had the car keys in his hand, pressing the button to unlock the car.

"I'll drive!" Mario excitedly said, holding his hand out to Luigi to take the keys.

"Absolutely not. Last time you drove, you almost fireballed someone because you got road rage." Luigi told him, putting the keys back in his pocket.

"That was justified! He fucking cut me off! I won't do it again, just let me drive!" Mario leaned more towards Luigi, making a grabbing motion with his outstretched hand.

"Fine." Luigi said, rolling his eyes as he removed the keys from his pocket and tossed them towards Mario. "But if you try to hurt someone, I'm driving."

"Got it!" Mario said as he caught the keys. He ran to the driver side of the car and got in, starting it up and Luigi got in on the passenger side. The both put their seatbelts on and Mario backed out of the driveway and started driving.

"Be careful with your speed, Mario. The roads are slippery." Luigi warned, fiddling with his fingers.

"Quit backseat driving, Luigi. I know what I'm doing." Mario told him, waving a hand.

The car ride was quiet, save for the calming rain, the playlist that Mario had put on, and the quiet conversation between the two brothers. It was nice, and both of them were enjoying it. As Mario got on Toad Turnpike, however, the flow of traffic slowed down little by little. Mario and Luigi didn't realize it at first, but when they did, they were already in a standstill.