Chapter 1

Footsteps drew towards a room, barely open. A male figure approached the door
with a tray of freshly made breakfast. He first, knocked on the door "Riddima? Can I come in?" He knocked multiple times but no one seemed to be in there.

There, on the other hand, a girl about 28 ran up the stairs to the most prohibited place, especially for her, the terrace. She looked ailing and skinny. She was definitely sobbing.

Whilst, after knocking on the door for multiple times, he barged in, everything was in mess, he looked at the details of the room carefully, barely understood a thing, but then his gaze narrowed and ran out of the door, he checked every possible place he could find Riddima. Then, his gaze landed on the stairs which lead up to the terrace, he ran up there in haste.

"Riddima, don't!" he pointed his hand in a no position "You can not do that!" The girl was on the edge of the walls of the terrace, one wrong move and death will be your friend soon. She moved her hand in a no position "Stop it! Just stop it already Vansh, I don't want to live, just let me die peacefully" she bursts into tears.

Vansh carefully tip-toed to her, keeping her completely busy, "Riddima, listen to me, you can not do that, remember you told me 'We live only once, so we should enjoy while we are alive' you are forgetting that" he carefully walked to her side, "No! Just stay away from me" she wiped her tears and was completely ready to jump down twelve floors.

She did not notice how close Vansh was, and caught her in haste. She started struggling in his arms, trying to free herself from his grip but instantly failed. She shedded more tears and finally stopped struggling "I want to die! Why did you save me?!!!"

Vansh's heart ached after hearing what she had just said, he felt like falling down, shout at the top of his lungs until none of his voice was left, wanted to cry to the point he actually dies. But, he stayed still, his eyes were burning, tears threatened him to flow out, but he remembered that he had works he had to do.

He took her down the stairs and placed her on the bed, her eyes were red from crying and her face was swollen from all the shouting she did, her face looked pale and weak. She had not eaten since ever.

He tried to feed her, but it seemed impossible, she hugged her legs so tight, she could actually squeeze her heart out of it. He gave up.

'I can't' he thought.

He took the plate down to what seemed earth that moment. No one dared to comment. He reached the dining table, kept the plate of breakfast down and heaved a sigh.

"Vansh? She did not have it again, right?" an elderly woman, wearing a simple yet beautiful floral patterned, salwar said. He nodded, his face read what seemed like guilt and sadness, his face was filled with it. A girl broke the trance with what seemed very rude and irrational "What a thing she is!" she said with amusement which was rather mocking "I am impressed," she clapped her hands in sarcasm "just got raped and throwing this much amount of trouble she got us!" Vansh's eyes threw dead glares at her.

"Mark my words Ishani, she is your sister-in-law and much importantly my wife, watch what you are talking about, mind your language!" he fumed up and the Ishani named girl, rolled her eyes in annoyance.

'I am so desperate to bring her back, I am so distant from my motive, never imagined that I would have to teach the one who taught me to live life to the fullest, who taught me to laugh and love, would be this distant from living life, I never imagined that she would one day become like this, I want her, I want her back the way she was, Why is it being so tough? I can do all things but, why does this seems so tough?'

He thought, he does not understands his feelings right now, because he still thinks he is doing it for the sake of doing it. He does not understands the feeling of love and how it feels to love someone. He will, that day will come. It will definitely come.