Beginnings of War

Chapter 1

The building was tall and majestic. It was surrounded by a large and elegant garden with Oaks, Ash's, fur, evergreens and heather, lavender, budleia and lots of exotic plants. The manor house was situated just outside the city, this was the home of a successful business family, known as the Wolves. But secretly, beneath the house, beneath even the collection of cars, there was a vast amount of open space. It was full of vehicles, computers and highly advanced weapons, the walls and the floors were made of silver shining metal; this was the Supers base.

The man was staring at one of the computer screens. His vivid Green eyes flicked across the screen. He wore a suit that looked quite old. Then he got up and went into the lift, and the doors closed. The lift went down a floor.

The doors opened and the man stepped out. On this floor there were several other people. One man said, "alright Ryan?"

"Yeah," he replied. He walked up to another man who was repairing a generator, rather hurriedly.

"Ryan," he said, annoyed. "Don't disturb me, I'm busy!

"OK," he answered. And with that Ryan went back towards the lift. He went back upstairs and switched the computer off. Then he went up in the lift, which came up behind a bookcase. Ryan stepped out and the lift shut, the bookcase swung into place. The building was finely decorated, hardly any space was wasted. Ryan went out through the big oak front doors. It was a bright sunny day, and compared with the light in the unseen section of the house it didn't hurt your eyes.

Ryan strolled down through the colourful front garden. He headed towards the gate, but just as he reached it he looked back at the manor. He noticed a figure in one of the upstairs windows. He wouldn't have seemed so surprised, if it hadn't been for the fact that nobody lived in that apartment.

He quickly raced towards the house, and in through the front door. Ryan bolted straight up the stairs. When he reached the right floor, he ran towards the apartment door. Then he kicked open the door. The figure was still stood at the window. It turned around suddenly. Its head was covered by a futuristic metallic helmet, the rest of his body was covered with futuristic body armour.

"Who are you?" asked Ryan.

"Why, I'm your worst nightmare!" he said in a rasping voice. "I have work to do! Get out of the way!"

Ryan asked, "What do you..."

And with that the figure threw him through the wall, which knocked him out cold. "That's better! Nitro won't answer your question!" he stated.

Nitro smashed through a window and jumped out, and he fell a distance that would normally have killed a person. But he landed and got up as though he had only jumped down about a metre. He broke through the surrounding wall, and headed back to his master. Tomasa.

Ryan awoke a few hours later, and immediately ran toward the window and looked down, but he found no sign of Nitro. He went straight down to the base and told the other Supers, who were quite shocked by the fact it was only 11 floors above the base. But Ryan seemed certain that Nitro didn't know the base was there, and that it was just a coincidence. They decided that they would install extra security in the building.

Ryan went and switched the computer back on, and added new information onto the datafile for Nitro. Once he had completed this, he went up to his apartment. But he was unable to sleep as he was running over idea's on why Nitro had come to the house.

So he decided to get up. He happened to walk past his laptop, and he noticed that some of the young Supers were trying to force the bookcase to open. Ryan decided to go down. When he reached the bottom, he headed straight for the bookcase and asked, "would you like a hand with that?"

"Go on then." One of them replied. And then he turned round and noticed that it was Ryan who was stood behind him. "Bloody hell!" he exclaimed, shocked.

"Stop messing with that and go to bed," said Ryan. "But if you don't want to go to bed, then go somewhere else. Not that I'm saying you should... It's none of my business really."

"Fine!" another one said.

"See ya," said Ryan.

"Yeah see ya," One of them answered. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter two is coming soon and this chapter will be extended and changed to improve the length and explanation of details. I hope to upload this soon. Hope you enjoy this taster Chapter One. Thanks.