14 - abby...

14

it was now the next day and me and Ellie weren't feeling the best but we were handling it.

i went to Dina to see how she was doing and to check on her. she hasn't been doing so hot lately and she isn't eating a lot. we were all worried about her and just wanted her back in Jackson.

i look in the mirror and I looked like shit.

i had bruises on my face and I still felt bad from those spores but like always I'll be alright.

i hear gun shots coming from inside.

i look around for a gun and don't see any but I had to help. i just ran out the door looking for people ...anyone.

i went to the front and found Tommy and Jesse on the floor.

"damnit!!" I said holding back tears. Jesse was my best friend and Tommy always treated me so well.

i ran back towards the stage and then backstage. i looked around desperately for Ellie or whoever killed Jesse and Tommy.

i just needed for her to be alive.

i ran around and saw someone on top of Ellie.

it was her...

it was Abby.

i quickly run towards them punching Abby dead in the face.

she tumbled back but didn't fell.

she tackled me to the floor punched me in the face hard. i had a lot of blood coming out of my nose and mouth but I still fought.

i grabbed her hair and hit her head against the wall and that made her fall to the ground.

i was now in top of her and I threw as many punches as I could at her and now her face bled as well.

i felt a pain in my side and realize I was shot with an arrow.

this whole time Ellie had been begging Abby to stop.

i stopped my punches and groaned from the pain.

Abby pushed me against the ground hitting my head against the floor and this time I was done.

it all stopped and now Dina was attacking her with a knife. Abby was stranger than her though and stopped it by punching her in the face many times.

she threatened to kill Dina but Ellie stopped her and said "she pregnant".

Abby would've killed her if that kid didn't stop her. she went towards me and lifted my head up by my hair. she glared down to me.

"if I see any of you again... I won't let you live" she said letting go of my hair. then she left.

everything went dark.

(italics are a flashback)

i've been in Jackson for a few months now. me and my dad got lucky enough to stay here and well life's been a whole lot better.

tonight they were having a party since a lot of new people were here now and it was a chance to get to know more people.

i went secretly since my dad told me not to go but I wanted to.

i walked into the party and all I had on was slightly ripped jeans and a t shirt on.

i didn't know if I under dressed but now I feel a lot better about it.

"hey y/n"

Jesse

the only person I really know here besides Joel and Tommy. i waved at him and he sat next to me.

"you liking the party so far?" he asked with a smile.

i nodded and said "yea I've been enjoying myself it's actually a lot of fun to be honest".

i was at the party for about an hour and was having a blast. but of course something had to ruin it.

here came my dad.. drunk like always.

he came tumbling in asking where I was and someone of course told him. me and my dad made eye contact and he made his way over her.

"what the... heell are you doin here..." he asked slurring his words.

"i just wanted to have some fun dad"

he grabbed me by my arm and said "welp I already told you no... so Cmon".

there were so many people around... starring at us. maybe I could show people his true colors.

i pulled my hand back and said "n-no i'm 16 and I should be aloud to go these things".

my dad gave me a glare and said "don't -hic- test me girl". i walked backwards standing my ground.

i saw Joel and Tommy come closer to see what was happening along with a girl. i've seen her around and she's honestly really attractive but I would never talk to her.

i shook my head coming back to reality.

"one more chance girl... come here!!!" he said and he started raising his voice.

i was now shaking. I never stand up to my dad cause he terrifies me. ever since mom died he's been very... abusive mostly when he's drunk but he's always drunk.

i shook my head and he quickly grabbed my wrist roughly. i pulled my hand back and he punched me dead in between my eyes.

he's never... punched me..

i held my face and felt a pair of arms around me. it was Jesse. i look up and see the girl pushing Joel back telling him to calm down and Tommy trying to get my dad out.

not out of the party

out of town.

i was taken to the infirmary and they told me my nose was broken and that I would be bruised for awhile.

the girl came inside and sat next to me.

"hey are you alright?" she asked looking at my face. i just nodded.

"who was that guy" she asked me with a bit of a concerned look.

"that was... my dad" I said looking down at my hands.

her eyes widened. i don't think anyone would think that was my dad that punched me in the face.

she frowned and said "I'm so sorry... no dad should treat his daughter like that".

i shrugged.

"is he leaving Jackson?" I asked looking at her

"yes.. tonight" she said nodding her head. I nodded looking down.

"you can go see him if you want" she says putting a hand on my back trying to comfort me. it felt nice for someone to be comforting me.

i nodded and said "I'd like that... thank you uh..."

"Ellie"

"well thank you Ellie and I'm y/n by the way"

that was the last time and I saw my dad.

but it's also when I met Ellie.