08: The Helpful Stranger

Start from the beginning

Jungkook was so mad.

He was so angry at himself. How could he hit Tae just like that ? What has gotten into him ? The look Taehyung had on his face, as if he had been disowned, Jungkook would never forgive himself.

Not so soon.

He hit the accelerator, the needle of the speedometer going beyond 180. The roads weren't too busy as it was getting dark.

He opened the window. His left hand still on the steering wheel and right elbow on the window seal, he thought about the events earlier.

He balled his palm into a fist, hitting the window seal but his anger didn't subside. Jungkook wished Taehyung was okay and silently prayed for forgiveness.

Jungkook drove for another 15 minutes when he finally reached the countryside by the beach. There were not many establishments. Few houses, a petrol station and shops.

He parked the car on the side of the road. Taking his phone and jacket along with him, he moved down the beach.

The cool breeze of the night was cold but soothing. He walked up until he reached the outline of the waves. The sound of the waves somehow calmed down his senses a bit.

He sat down and took off his signature boots, allowing the sand to engulf his foot. JK would admit, it felt good, relaxing. He made a mental note to tell his hyungs about this. They must do this often.

Jungkook put his hands in his pocket, looking at the black ocean ahead. The sky was shimmering with countless stars, some big some small.

He always wanted to count stars with the girl he loved someday. The mere thought lighted up his mood even more.

Jungkook decided to message his blind date. He unlocked his phone and opened the DMs but suddenly he changed his mind.

Instead, he went to her introduction page and dialled her number. He bit his lower lip, anticipating. The number was connected but she didn't pick up. Not the first time, nor the second or the third.

Just what is wrong with this girl ?

Jungkook sighed sadly. This girl was the reason he had a row with his favourite hyung in the first place.

A part of him was angry at the girl but a huge part of him wanted to meet her as well. Afterall, the heart wants what it wants, right?

The water touched his feet now. He didn't realise that he had ventured forward while thinking stuffs.

It felt even better, so Jungkook threw his phone and jacket down on the dry sand and folding his jeans abit, he ran towards the water.

With his arms open wide, he kept on running until he was thigh deep in the water. A smile formed on his lips, his bunny teeth showing.

"Dear Taetae hyung, I'm sorry for today. I shouldn't have hit you. I'm such a jerk, a moron ! Please forgive me hyung, nae? Love you." Jungkook yelled, looking up at the starry night sky.

"Dead bodies cannot be forgiven." He heard a yell.

Jungkook turned towards the beach immediately. There he saw, standing by his stuffs, a man who was holding his phone with the flashlight on, staring at him.