1. The calm before the storm

... TO YOU, TWO THOUSAND YEARS LATER ...

Eren's P.O.V.

Watching the birds flapping their wings to fly peacefully across the light blue sky gives me a sensation of freedom. They look so calm. Flying... It must be such a nice feeling. Everything seems weightless up there. The weightlessness takes away every problems that is happening in the district of Shiganshina, on the south edge of Wall Maria. People always seem amazed when they see those birds coming from one side and flying away on the other side of the wall. They get to see what is behind it without getting hurt and devoured by those creatures. Our enemies. The Titans... They are a race of giants which seem to have only one purpose, eat mankind. They exterminate us one by one, to the point of near-extinction. But that's what the stories say. The wall that is protecting the population is about 50 meters in height from bottom to top. We're safe inside the wall...

I am standing in the middle of a street in my hometown, Axl who is my twin sister, Mikasa Ackerman who is my adoptive sister, and Armin Arlet, our best friend, are next to me. Every citizens seem to surround us as well, amazed by what is seen on top of Wall Maria. A hand... A giant red hand. A thick greyish steam is formed behind it as a giant skin-lacking head appears. The shadow of that thing overs the streets, like a thick dark cloud before the rain pours. But this is not a thick dark cloud... And just like that... Everything changed... At that terrible moment, in our hearts, we knew home was a ten. Humanity... Cattle...

Commander's P.O.V.

In the Forest of Giant Trees, the Survey Corps are on galloping horses, ready to attack those Titans. Those giant nude human-like... Those monsters that gobble up every single human on their path... That's just not possible anymore! We have to fight and exterminate them! No matter how long this will take us, no matter how many generations will have to defend our mankind and attack those Titans. No matter how much lives got lose during the process. One day, humanity will have full powers again and will find a way to live peacefully again. This is what will make all the losses, heroes.

- Moving through people! It's on us! Either we secure this ground as fast as possible or it's bad touching! I scream to my soldiers, my horse galloping as fast as it possibly can. There's so much fog... And the blurry sight due to the speed adding all those tall trees surrounding us make it difficult to see around. All soldiers prepare for battle! There's only one target! We will exterminate it and claim this spot as humanity's first stronghold beyond the walls! I exclaim as loud as I can all while staying concentrate on this mission. I'm leading them, I cannot fail! It's not often that a mission is achieved successfully, but I count on achieving this one with success and go back home with pride from my soldiers and myself.

- Target approaching! Suddenly screams, one of the soldiers, alerting everyone. I look up and see a Titan walking around, like it's waiting for us to come eliminate it. I grab my sword out, making a hand signal.

- Split into fives groups just as we practiced! Group one will act as the bait! All assault squads switch to 3D maneuvering gear!! I scream firmly to all soldiers galloping on horses behind me. Instantly, several of those brave men are lifted off their horses by the 3D maneuvering gear while group one spreads from us to be the bait of that beast. I watch them traversing the landscape, helping themselves with those giant trees to surround the Titan. We will have this one! I have faith and hope! Strike from every angle! I shout. The titan is standing there with most of my men surrounding him. He's stuck! One of my soldiers flies toward the back of the nape of the Titan's neck.

- For my brothers... For humanity! I hear him shouting with hate before watching him spinning on himself like a top, both swords in hands like a propeller...