9. Human or Titan ?

... WHERE THE LEFT ARM WENT : BATTLE OF TROST, PART 5 ...

Third's P.O.V.

They first appeared over a hundred years ago. Giant humanoid creatures with a taste for our blood. The brut strength of these appearations trumped an average persons many times over. We were shoved to the brink of extinction almost overnight. The suvivors of the wreaked Walls Maria, Rose, and Sina withdrawing behind them in frightens totals for what is to be a century of uneasy peace. And then...

The titans' asshault on Trost left us railing, owing at least a part of the Scouts regiment absence on time. Military casualties were profound. Ironically, they embarked on a reconaissance mission beyond the wall that very morning.

Axl's P.O.V.

~ A few hours ago ~

- Heads up ! The main force of the Survey Corps is back ! I heard a man screaming in the streets. Standing next to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, I look up at the soldiers from the Scouts Regiment. They all look so brave and fearless! They are a true example for trainees like us!

- That's right, Commander Erwin! Did you give those ugly bastard a thrashing? I heard a second inhabitant screaming at the commander who is leading the way. I look at the blonde man with icy blue eyes, whose hair is neatly parted on the left side and eyebrows looking very thick and bushy. He stands tall above his soldiers and eradicate a strong commanding presence.

- Look! It's Captain Levi! I turn my head to look a bit behind in the troops. They say he is as strong as an entire brigade! I hear a third man exclaiming with admiration. A man with short, straight black hair in an undercut curtain and narrow, intimidating dull grey eyes is not far behind Commander Erwin. He seems short but quite muscular. It's impossible to not notice him. He emanates a certain aura that I cannot describe. It is so attractive... Oh, I shouldn't stare like this... Besides, I'll probably won't ever see him...

Levi's P.O.V.

Riding my horse in the middle of the town's population, I follow Erwin and his troops towards the Walls. We're going on an umpteenth mission today, doing nothing more than what we usually do. Getting ourselves dirty by fighting those ugly carnivor asses and go lose more comrades on the field... Life's precious even if it doesn't give us what we wish. But not everyone knows it. Maybe because of denial... Anyway, that life is defenitely not the freedom I was seeking for... I'll never find it. Not anymore... Miracles don't exist.

Those people, the population... They're cheering for us every single time. And when we come back with less soldiers than when we left, a lot of them look and sound disappointed in us. They take us for incompetents. But they've never been outside those walls. They never faced a titan, less killed one. They don't know how it is like out there. And they still allow themselves to judges us...

- Tch, shut up already, I whisper with an annoyed tone.

If the public knew your true temperament, the admiring looks they give you would turn into disenchanted looks, I hear the annoying four-eye telling me discretely. I turn my face to look at her, not giving a damn of what she actually has to tell me. All I give her is "hmp" and that's even too much.

I stop the horse along my comrades and wait for the gate to be opened. That thing always takes so long to open...

- To think that there are titans waiting for us out there! I can't wait to find out which ones we'll meet this time. It would be great if we could run into some abnormals! I would love to meet some!!! I hear Hange exclaiming with too much joy. That four-eye will never stop talking about those thick asses. I don't understand what she admires in those titans. Even though it doesn't please me to do so, they are just animals we need to take out before they kill us.