11. Humanity's weapon

~ Icon : Battle of Trost District, Part 7 ~

Trost Distict... Year 850. The sight of Eren Yeager activating his mysterious Titan power was nothing short terrifying  in the eyes of his fellow soldiers. Forced to advocate their own innocence, the twins and his friends were eventually saved by Dott Pixis, the chief executive of the southern territories.

Axl's P.O.V.

- I'll do it! I'm not sure whether I can or not, but I'll do it! Eren tells Commander Pixis with a motivated and serious tone.

On the side, Mikasa, Armin, and I stare at my brother, speechless. I know Eren is a stubborn one and likes to show everyone that he can do things, that he is strong, and all... Sometimes, I wonder if it is to compete with Mikasa as she has a certain strength that rare other people have. She's amazing. But this time, it's serious. It's not a ridiculous fight that we have had with the thuds back in Shiganshina. Our lives, our friends' lives, the soldiers and thousands of innocents lives are at stack. A real, smart, cautious, and rational plan has to be executed. I'm proud of my brother. Nothing has changed from my point of view, even after discovering what he can do. Changing into a Titan... It's never seen before, but that's what he is. It's part of him. I do have my own specialty too after all... But Commander Dott Pixis probably shouldn't have asked Eren to do this. I really, really believe in my twin brother, but the plan is just too risky. We don't know anything yet about this Titan Power. Eren doesn't even know how he uses it... And without forgetting what could happen to us later. What will happen to him after he plugs the hole? And to me? To Mikasa and Armin?

Excellently said! You have a heart of a lion! The Commander exclaims, patting my brother's shoulders before standing up. A heart of a lion... Or a death wish.

I glance at Mikasa, seeing how upset she is. She doesn't want Eren to do this either. Or at least, she doesn't want him to go alone. She wants to protect him at all cost...

My eyes move to Armin who seems just as shocked as we are. It's true that Eren didn't even hesitate to answer Dott Pixis... He wasn't too sure at first, but once the Commander asked him a second time, he didn't hesitate to accept the demand from the man. I can't help but to wonder if it's a mistake or not...

Commander Dott Pixis walks over the edge of the wall, looking towards where all of the soldiers are standing. They've been waiting for what probably seems like hours to them. What is he doing?

- Staff officers, assemble! Prepare to strategize! Commander Pixis shouts to everyone standing inside the district. What!?

- What? Is he serious? I hear Armin asking with a surprised tone. Calling this plan "optimistic" would be an understatement. How can we just go ahead with it? He asks, sounding confused as he looks at the man. 

I look down as I remember Eren's titan plugging the hole. It was... either a dream or a hallucination or a vision... Whatever I am supposed to call those. I have no idea what they are, all I know is that they started from one day to another and they happen all the time. But will it really happen this time? What if it doesn't? There's always this doubt... Everything can go wrong at any time. There's so much at stack... God, and that headache pounding. Ugh!...

- I agree with you, Eren suddenly says which brings the attention of the three of us. But it's pointless to question his decision. I'm sure commander Pixis can see something we can't, he tells me with a calm tone as he stares right before him, where the hole is located.

- Something we can't see? I repeat my brother's words. Eren looks at me and nods.

- Besides, there's probably a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan. I'm sure the Commander is fully cognizant of that, Eren adds, keeping his calm and serious tone. The Commander is a smart man. Maybe a little bit crazy and has another vision of this world that we are living in, but he does seem to know what he is doing. I don't know what happened when I fainted. I don't know what Commander Pixis did or said so Commander Woermann stopped his plan to kill us four, but it must have been pretty smart and convincing. The Titans aren't our only enemies, Eren suddenly adds, causing Armin to gasp, surprised. Not our only enemies? What or who else then?