Home and The party

Start from the beginning

"Not at all. We all think you are very pretty dear" one of them said. You were shocked at how forward they were being. "Thank you. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress" you replied, flustered. They all smiled at you "well it suits you very much." one of them said. You smiled widely at her comment.

They escorted you down the stairs and to the front door where you saw a coach waiting for you. You had a cloak on so the coach didn't pay much attention towards you. "Try to enjoy yourself Miss Lorve" the maid said and you smiled at her in return "I will". The coach took you directly to the mansion. Along the way, you saw a few other carriages headed there too. You watched the sun setting on the fields, golden rays shining through them.

You smiled to yourself, your heart pounding in excitement. You've never been to such an extravagant party before. It made you giddy. Didn't know you could feel so excited for something you've never properly heard or seen of. He placed a hand on your chest feeling the fast thumping of your heart. I hope I don't faint, you thought breathing slowly to calm it down.

Soon, the coach slows down. The mansion gates were already open, you just had to enter them. The coach stopped in front of the mansion. "We're here ma'am" the coach said opening the door for you. You stepped out looking at the large mansion. It was soo much prettier at night. You were in awe of its details. The greenery, the lights...the tanned walls...everything.

The door guard snapped their attention as soon as they saw you. They were like statues when you first saw them.The coach helped remove your cloak. He and the guards were in awe of your beauty. You heard the coach sigh. "Oh my..." As if on command, the guards all snapped their attention towards you. As soon as you stared at them, they were statues again. The coach just stood beside you, clock in haad awestruck by your beauty.

You felt nervous and embarrassed. But you didn't hesitate and walked up the stairs to the entrance with any sort of grace you could conjure at the moment. You turned back to look around the courtyard hoping to see any women to follow in, but no one was to be seen outside. Only the guards and a few navel men.

You nervously entered the mansion and a maid greets you "You must be Miss Lorve. You're a bit late but I can quickly find the master of ceremony to announce your arrival wait-" "No! Wait! I don't want to be a bother. I was just going to slip in unnoticed anyways" you explained but she didn't seem much too comfortable with your plan, "but-" she started only to be cut off by you again, "please. I'll faint from embarrassment of my name is announced this late" you begged and she nods.

You sighed as she agrees not to have your name announced. You then follow her to the hall, before opening the door she noticed you fidgeting, "you nervous. Don't be. You look beautiful" she said making you smile and calm down. Soon you were escorted into the grand hall "No matter about your tardiness. Have fun Miss" the maid said and left. You peeked into the great hall and saw an ocean of people in extravagant clothings. You looked for the Governor and saw him chattering with a few people along with Elizabeth. You took a breath and entered the hall.

As you enter you are overwhelmed by the bright light of the room, the orchestra playing a cheery tune, the chattering and laughs amongst the crowd of people dressed lavishly. "This is amazing" you said to yourself.

As you slowly descended down the stairs, few people stopped talking as they took notice of you. And in a matter of seconds, everyone's eyes were fixed on you. You blushed furiously, keeping your head up and quickening your pace to find a place to hide once you got down the stairs. They couldn't see it but you were shaking like a leaf.

As you walked towards the open space the Governor and Elizabeth made their way towards you. You smiled at them as they approached. You sighed in relief to see familiar faces "Y/N. You look absolutely gorgeous." Elizabeth started smiling at you. You turned towards her and gave her a box, "Happy birthday Elizabeth" you said shyly. She gave you a big smile as she took the box and opened it. It was an ornament, a large seashell, "it's not much-"