"Alpha Blaton, Lilia," Councilwoman Longworth spoke after a few seconds of silence, "there will be no more problems. Dr. Nylan, respect the Lycan and his mate. He is the last of the Lycans. We are blessed to have him."

"Yes, Councilwoman," the doctor said, slightly bowing to her. He turned back to Lev with a short glance at Lilia and showed him his empty palms.

"May I?" he asked softly.

Lev clenched his jaw, glanced at Lilia as well, then turned back to the doctor. His anger was prominent.

"Yes." He was still clearly upset, so Lilia clenched his hand tighter. Any tighter than this, her hand might break.

His hands pressed carefully onto Lev's abdomen several times, then to his face, and then announced to the room that he was going to take another sample of Lev's blood.

Lev, the mighty Lycan, grunted softly when the needle entered his skin. Lilia just smirked and held his hand tight.

They were freed to eat lunch while Dr. Nylan and Dr. Walahan continued with several tests with Lev's blood. Lilia absentmindedly chewed a single bite of her food far longer than she needed.

Her eyes were glazed over, clearly worried or stressed. Lev finished his food and looked to see that she hadn't eaten anymore of her food. Goddess, how he wished he could help her.

Johanna noticed his worried glance from the other side of Lilia and picked up her fork. After putting a little bit of food onto it, she lifted it up to Lilia's mouth and watched as she took a soft, robotic bite.

After finishing their food, including Lilia who looked a little perkier, they made their way back to the room where both doctors were chatting up a storm. The Council was also already there waiting for them, making Lilia blush in embarrassment.

"Alright, Dr. Nylan. Now that everyone is here, what kind of news do you have for us?" Councilwoman Longworth asked. The doctor stood to face her.

"There's a strange mass on his left side," the doctor cleared his throat. "I tested his blood to find out what it was, but it's not in his bloodstream...which is impossible."

"How can you tell that the mass is what is affecting the Lycan part of him?" Councilman Danheart asked, his thick eyebrows furrowed in the middle of his head.

"I can't but I would like to perform surgery to examine the mass myself. It shouldn't take more than two hours."

"Let's do that today," Councilman Jarold muttered. "As long as it's okay with the Lycan, of course."

"Is that alright with you, Lev?" Lilia asked, ignoring the jerk's question. She was already sick of the Council watching their every move and being snarky with them.

"Sure," Lev showed off his talking skills. The "sh" sound had been really hard for him to get and he was clearly proud of what he'd learned. Alpha Luke chuckled behind them but quieted when the Council stared at him.

"I'll get that set up," Doctor Walahan exited the room. "Do you have a operating room with privacy glass?"

"Yes, right this way," Alpha Blaton extended his hand towards the door. Lilia didn't move. She would join them when it was actually time.

Surprisingly, Lev looked really nervous. He had let his tough façade fall when everyone else—especially the Council—and now appeared absolutely terrified.

"It's alright. It's a common sort of surgery, I promise. Everything will be okay," Lilia assured. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Lev's abhorrent look was replaced with a smug smirk. Lilia began to glare at him.