chapter 18

Haaa.. Kya hua Shehnaaz?? Bolo

Sidharth was shocked to hear Shehnaaz sobbing on the other end.

Sidharth... Wo... Wo na... Di .. Di ki call aayi..

She was choking while speaking.

Bolo jaan.

Sidharth was getting restless each passing second.

Shreya who sat beside her was caressing her. She took the phone from Shehnaaz's hand as she wasn't able to complete the sentence.

Sidharth, meim Shreya bol rahi hu. Wo, uski papa hospital meim hei. Di ne bola minor attack hei. So, she wants to leave as soon as possible.

Sidharth became numb for a second. Her father was in hospital, the shooting was going to start tomorrow.  He knew that her family matters her the most. He wanted to go with her and be her strength, but shooting was also important. He needed to check her father's condition. If she needs him, he will go for sure with her.

Hold on, I will be there in a minute.

Sidharth took her into a hug as soon as he reached her room. She too hugged him back tightly, hiding her face in his chest.

Agar meim unke paas hoti tho, itni problem nhi hoti. I want be with them, Sidharth.

Haa jaan, I will take you there. Abhi ke abhi flight book karte hei.

Compared to her, nothing seemed important to him at that moment.

She raised her head and stared at him.

Nhi Sidharth, kal.. Kal tho shoot start hota hei.. It's important for you. Tu nhi aayega.. Meim jaavungi akele.. Waise bhi wo ab khatre se baahar hei. I will go, don't worry.

Shehnaaz came out of the hug and wiped away her tears. She was consoled by now. The presence of Sidharth given her peace and strength.

It's important for us ja.. I mean for all us. We can wait.

He noticed Shreya standing at a feet distance and looking doubtfully at them as he cupped her face. He released it not make any doubts further. The project was a milestone for both of them as it was her first attempt in writing too.

No.. No Sidharth...  It can't happen. Dad is ok now. It's just that I am away from them na, isiliye, nhi tho meim bahut strong hu. I can handle everything. And too didi and jiju bhi hei. Don't worry.

Are you sure?

Hmm..

Shreya, dhoda pani melega?

Sidharth requested her. She nodded and left the room.

He slowly cupped her face again.

Kuch bhi hoto boldena, I will be there for you.

Shehnaaz nodded with a fainted smile.

Aur call karne meim koi kanchoozi mat karna. Jab bhi time milegi, kar lena.. I will be waiting for it DAILY .

Her smile was more brightened up now. He was so concerned about her. She felt content that she got someone who cared for her to this extent.

This time she nodded more frequently. As Sidharth sensed Shreya was coming back, he placed a kiss on her forehead and took his hands off from her cheeks instantly. Shehnaaz stared at him with glowing eyes and flushed cheeks. He looked away shyly as Shreya was inside the room by now.

He took the glass Shreya offered and drank it in one go.

Chal ready hojaa.. I will drop you.

Sidharth stood from the bed and moved to balcony. Shreya helped Shehnaaz to pack.

....

Kaha dha tu?? Subah room meim bhi nhi dha aur phone bhi switched off aaraha dha.

Kesav scolded Sidharth as Sidharth didn't inform him while leaving.

Wo papa, Sana ke dad ko attack aya,  tho usse airport tak chodne gaya dha.

He ran his fingers through his hair. She hadn't called him till now. It had been almost 5 hrs after she left. From airport, he directly went to Raghav's home and sent him to location to take care of everything until he comes and slept there. He also informed Shreya and Manik to get ready in costume within he comes.

Ooh.. Kaisa hei abb?

Pata nhi uski call nhi aayi. Meine kiya tho wo cut kiya, shayad busy hogi.

Hmm.. Hope everything is fine.

The worry on Sidharth's face wasn't gone unnoticed by Kesav. He felt good as his son was getting connected to someone like Shehnaaz.

...

Shehnaaz was standing in front of the ICU with her sister. She spoke to her father and he was doing fine. That itself put Shehnaaz under peace. As she was near them, she was less worried. He was kept under observation for one more day. She saw there was a few missed calls from Shreya and Sidharth. She disconnected the last call from Sidharth as she was talking to the doctor.

She excused from there to call them back. She dialed Sidharth's number. He took it in the first ring.

Kaisi hei tu?? Aur dad?

He was impatient as she hadn't attended any of his calls.

Hum sab dheek hei Sidharth. Don't worry. Aur dad ko kal tak discharge milenge, bus observation keliye ek aur din rakhe hei.

Hmm...

He fell silent. He was missing her badly. He wanted her to be around him on this special day, something which may change their career. But fate, they can't do nothing about it.

Sidharth....are you there??

Mmm..

Don't worry about me. You just concentrate on the project. We need to make it a huge success naa.. I know you can do it. I trust you on that.

Sidharth smiled. Even though she was in pain for her father, she was motivating him. He meant so much to her. This thought made him feel better.

Yeah.. I will try my best. Mm.. Take care jaan and miss you.

All the best Sidharth.

Cutting the call, she walked through the corridor. Sidharth calling her jaan did stuck on her mind. She heard it from him on morning too. More over that he said that he missed her. On some part of her heart, she wanted to believe it as what she felt. But,  the other side reminded her about the other possibilities.

Her dad was at hospital, she was in panic at that moment. May be that's why he showed that much care, as a good friend. He might be treating everyone close to him like this. Until she get the complete confirmation through his confession, she didn't wanted to believe what she felt. She was scared of getting hurt. She was struggling with her emotions.

================================

Please vote comment and share.