꧁Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ꧂

Start from the beginning

Katherine began to lug her trunk off the deck and on to the gangplank, she had never gotten used to the weight of the trunk and dragged it over the solid wood to the other side.

Just as she had crossed to the other side she pulled her trunk off and turned to see someone's polished brown boots straight in front of her. Surprised at the close proximity of the person she stepped backwards from her trunk to look up at the person to get a better view of who they were.

As she looked up, a strangled gasp escaped from her lips as she saw Peter standing and waiting for her by the trunk. Peter had never once met her at the docks.

She was so shocked she took another step and Peter's eyes widened in shock as her foot stepped off the side of the stone-and-wood edge. He reached out to her and would have been able to stabilize her if he had not tripped over the trunk that was still in the way.

The docks were usually a quiet place seeing as the Narnian navy was not a sight to behold and the ships were mainly used for royal's travelling purposes. The pubs were not frequented often and especially not during the daytime.

So when Peter and Katherine both fell into the water Peter was quite glad that the only person who seemed to be around was the cart-man who was their to collect Katherine's bags and drive them up to the castle.

After the initial shock of falling in, Peter swam back to the stone ledge of the docks and extended a hand to Katherine. His face had cooled off in the water but her cheeks still burnt a fiery red as she gratefully grabbed on to his arm and he helped her up.

Katherine had never been a strong swimmer so she appreciated his help as she finally sat back on the ledge. She almost offered Peter a hand up however, years of training had given the upper body strength he needed to get out of the water smoothly himself.

It was once she had gotten out that she realized he had a white shirt and black pants on. But due to being doused in water the white shirt was now completely see through and there was no point of one on anyways.

Peter sat on the floor as he tugged off his now soaked leather boots and Katherine put a hand over her head as she sighed in utter exasperation.

"I'm so sorry, I just didn't see you in the beginning and then I must have slipped..." she steamrolled as she grabbed at her dampened locks.

Peter stood up pulled the button-up shirt off his head and grabbed his discarded boots in one hand. Then he moved to grab her trunk with the other. Katherine lost track of her words as she caught herself staring before shaking her head and looking back to his face.

She found he had an amused smile on his face as he stared off at the sea, not once had he looked at her since they had fallen in.

"I'm used to your clumsy behavior Katherine, you need not apologize for something that has been there since time itself began"

Katherine scowled and he turned to catch her expression but his eyes widened in shock before they roamed up and down her body and then his lips pulled up in a smirk.

He turned his head and started for the cart. Katherine's scowl turned into a questioning and reproachful gaze. When he did not stop to explain she began to walk after him.

"What's so funny Peter" she called out as she fast-walked to keep up with his pace. He stopped, turned back, looked her up and down then smirked and began to load her trunk onto the cart.

She looked down to follow his gaze and her face went a few shades darker as she realized her dress had  been so soaked it showed her undergarments and most of her body through the almost translucent material.