Chapter 37

Around 10am, you and Q both woke up feeling extremely groggy from the previous night. You were both waiting until other people were awake to leave the room to avoid waking anyone up since mostly everyone went to bed very late.

You sat up and tried to run your hands through your hair. You started laughing because it was nearly impossible because of all of the knots from the hairspray. 

"I need to take a shower soon, I can't imagine what my hair looks like right now," you said as you tried to pull it to the side to hide how messy it was.

"It's not too bad," Q responded. "I mean, you have good reason to have messy hair, last night was quite a night." You chuckled at the many meanings that his comment could have. 

"That's a good point. I'm going to get a quick shower and hopefully, I won't wake anyone," you said while rummaging through your bag to find clothes and everything that you would need in the bathroom.

"Alright. I'm going to fall back to sleep until you get back, I'm kinda feeling like shit; I have no desire to eat and my head hurts," Q replied. You gave him a thumbs up and said that you hope sleeping helps him feel a bit better before heading to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. You opened and closed all doors very lightly and tried to be as quiet as possible. It was a long night for everyone and for the most part, everyone had gotten a maximum of 5 hours of sleep.

It felt relieving to get a shower and brush your hair. You packed outfits that were extremely cute for the weekend. When you were done with your shower, you went back into your room. Knowing that Q was going to wake up as soon as you started to put stuff away anyway, you walked to his side of the bed and gave him a kiss on the forehead. 

"Hey babe," Q said to you. "How do you feel now that you've showered?"

"Clean," you answered. "How are you feeling? Did sleeping more make you feel any different?"

"Not really, I feel about the same."

"You're probably dehydrated. Let's go grab some water. I also brought some teabags with us so we can probably figure out a way to make some tea. Some sugar is going to be good too since alcohol can lead to a drop in blood sugar," you told him. 

"Sounds good, I'm just going to get changed. I'm glad I have a future nurse in my life, I don't think anyone else here would know that."

You handed Q his bag and he got changed as you dug through your bag to try to find the tea that you brought with you. Once you found out, you got the bag out, looking through the different types of tea that you brought with you. Q came and sat on the ground next to you also looking through the few different teas.

"Is caffeine going to be bad to drink now? Will it make us feel worse?"

"I'm not sure, but I would guess that it might. I'm having green tea, which do you want?"

"I'm good for green."

You and Q were still the only people awake at this point and it was nearing 11am. You still tried to remain as quiet as possible while you walked down the hallway into the kitchen area. You set the two tea bags on the counter and you and Q tried to find where mugs would be. It felt uncomfortable and awkward going through the cabinets even though Sal told everyone that it really wouldn't be an issue. You eventually found them and put the tea bags in them. Luckily, the tea kettle was set on the stove so you picked it up and rinsed it out thoroughly before filling it with water and turning on the stove.

Once the kettle began to whistle, you removed it from the stove and poured the water into mugs. After putting in sugar, you and Q sat at the breakfast bar on barstools and drank your tea, enjoying the almost immediate hydration that paired with the sweet taste.