Unlock x a x Mystery

I don't have work for the next few days so I thought I'd be able to get out this chapter earlier on in the day! Hope you enjoy :)

-     -     -

        It took the loud voice of a pissed Leorio for Y/N to find her friends. They had been down the hall from her. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Are you guys planning something weird?" Y/N crossed her arms as she stood at the doorway.

"N-No! We were just-Uh-" Leorio stumbled his words.

"We saw that you were by yourself and we all wanted to give you some space."

Kurapika nudged Leorio in the side. In response, he laughed nervously. The group collectively sighed at his actions. Y/N narrowed her eyes, "Right. So, I'm going to just erase that from my mind. We should get to the main part of the ship though. Beans wanted me to come to get you all. It's about the next Phase."

The group made their way to the main part of the ship where a majority of the other candidates were patiently waiting for the announcement. Her friends, unfortunately, ran into Tonpa along the way, much to Y/N's distaste. 

Leorio and Kurapika made sure the girl was kept outside of his reach. Gon and Killua were in the middle of a thumb war game when the Chairman and Beans popped into the room to debrief the remaining candidates.

"Let me introduce myself to the 45 candidates gathered here. I am the Chairman of the Selection Committee for this year's Hunter Exam, Isaac Netero."

"I'm his secretary, Beans."

"I was going to show myself at the last phase, but I heard about what was happening and had to," He paused and looked over each candidate quickly, "This indescribable tension in the air is not so bad. Since this is a rare occurrence, allow me to be a part of the action."

Killua and Y/N yawned. Gon glanced over his friends and those closest to him.

"The estimated time of arrival at the Third Phase is 8 AM tomorrow. Food has been prepared at the canteen for everyone. You can all take a rest, and you are free to do what you want until we get in touch."

That translates to getting dinner and then sleeping the rest of the time. Y/N watched Gon and Killua run off to explore the ship. Leorio commented, "They're so full of energy. I think I'm going to sleep."

"I think so too. But there's something that worries me. How many more phases do you think there are?" Kurapika let a heavy sigh.

"Now that you mention it, they never announced it," Leorio muttered.

Tonpa smirked, "Normally, there will be five to six phases."

The trio stopped at the doorway out of the room. Leorio pondered quickly, "That means there are three to four phases left."

Y/N let out a soft yawn, "Let's grab food first, then we can sleep. We can worry about everything else tomorrow." She wanted to stay away from him. His aura is terrifying. Tonpa grinned once he took notice of how exhausted the three rookies looked.

"Don't let your guard down though. The secretary just said we are on our way to the next destination. But the third phase could be happening on this airship itself. They might not notify us of the arrival at 8 AM tomorrow."