"Why... you.... he's going to be mad!"

"Shut up.... the little bitch had... well deserved...."

Fear. For once in her life, Natalie felt a sense of overwhelming fear. She never thought she would ever be put in such a situation. She never thought it would happen to her. Not Natalie Freeman.

But she refused to let her fear get a hold of her. She refused to lay down, wallowing in her measly pain as she waited for her impending doom and murder. Instead, she took matters into her own hands. Natalie swiftly moved, feeling her restraints loosen as she twisted her wrists in uncomfortable; nearly impossible positions. She thanked sweet black Jesus for being double jointed ( despite being an atheist ). Finally, after frantic movement, the ropes fell off of Natalie's wrists.

In that moment, Natalie didn't have to think about it. She knew. She knew she had to get out of there.

Quietly and quickly, Natalie grabbed one of the broken wooden pieces and lunged. She buried the sharp end in the neck of the woman. Blood seeped out of the wound and the woman was choking in the red, warm, metallic-tasting liquid in less than a minute. The man snarled, caught off guard. He quickly went to grab the girl in a bear-grip but Natalie elbowed him in his temple, disorienting him before pulling the make-shift weapon out of the woman's neck and stabbing him in the leg. He let out a scream and Natalie didn't give him any time to react as she ripped out the wooden weapon, punched him for good measure, and made a run for it.

She clutched the weapon as adrenaline coursed through her body. A sudden boost of speed aided Natalie as she ran up the grand stairs of the basement and sprinted away from the scene of the crime. The halls were like a maze. Natalie twisted and turned and zigzagged through the suffocating walls. She felt crowded. Her head continued to pound against her skull as she ran. Her vision was blurry, maybe with blood, maybe because of the concussion she had gotten.

She just continued to run. She continued to preserver.

Finally, she found an opening. Natalie didn't look back. She couldn't and she wouldn't. Her head swarmed with thoughts. How would she get home? Where was she to begin with? Was she drugged?

Running, panting, thinking.

Running, panting, bump! Natalie stopped dead in her tracks.

There stood another man, about six foot one. He towered over Natalie and his broad chest is what Natalie's face had ran into. Letting out a shaky breath, the magenta haired girl hesitantly looked up and was met with an arrogant smirk and a more then familiar face.

"Well, what do we have here? Hello, love."

— A u t h o r ' s  N o t e —

𝐵𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑎 𝑆𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑠

Whew I wrote this all in one sitting 😍

Now this is not proof read so don't come at me with any typos cuz I gotta get ready to go out to eat

Now I know I'm kinda late but, Stranger Things Fans, how we feeling after Vol. 2? Cuz whew 🤬 I'm ready to riot.

 2? Cuz whew 🤬 I'm ready to riot

I'm still in mourning 😭

But anyways how we feel about this chapter?

Sucks? Eh I'm iffy about it but whatever.

This isn't a long one, normally my normal chapters for this book would be about 2-3.5k words but this one only had around 1.6 k.

Ifk about y'all but I'm excited for this book. Im happy I decided to do a reboot.

Anyways, see y'all ✨later✨

updated : 07.07.22
word count : 1.6k