xx. The Dead Boy

twenty the dead boy

       MIA KNEW THAT UMBRIDGE WAS SCARED of Sirius — and, with this in mind, Mia felt unstoppable.

       She couldn't care less about getting detentions — half of the time, she wasn't really caught — but the satisfaction she felt, when she saw Umbridge discover that notorious murderer Sirius Black was nearby, was worth every blood quill.

       It all started during her first detention; Mia was told by Umbridge, to sort out her skirt, and instead of apologising, Mia took a pair of scissors to the skirt hem, and went to town. George, somehow, had the same detention — "Surprising, that," Fred had said — and when he mentioned Sirius, Umbridge stiffened.

       It was amazing. Umbridge froze almost immediately. Mia had no idea what stories they were pushing about her dad, amongst Ministry officials, but shit. Umbridge looked terrified. She went ice-white, and her voice was even squeakier than usual, and as it dawned on Mia how scared Umbridge was of her dad, she had an idea.

       And it began. The little rumours, here and there, about Sirius Black lurking in Hogsmeade. Obviously none of it was true, but quickly the news got back to Umbridge. She must've realised that, as the new headmaster, protecting the school from mass-murderer Sirius Black was her responsibility, because the Hogsmeade trips were immediately cancelled for students in her year, and Harry's. She said it was because it was a distraction... Mia figured it was in case Mia or Harry 'went to see Sirius'... who, of course, was still in London, perfectly fine.

       Sirius found it funny. Mia had checked with him first, if she could use his likeness to scare the new headmaster. "I wouldn't want it any other way!" he told her. And, like that, Mia began terrorising Umbridge.