For Haneey to be at Zaria, it was also her mother's suggestion but at least Haneey stayed with Hafsatu's sister at Zaria.

Now it's Adeelah who didn't have a mother to decide for her. She's all alone by herself. He's the only one she's gotten as a true parent. He wanted the best of life for her and he didn't want her to be unhappy. Everything for Adeelah was a yes. He could never say no to her as long as it would benefit her more than the damage. On days he shouted at her, he felt bad.

Now he didn't like her to stay all by herself at Abuja. Her aunt used to stay at Abuja before she moved to Europe with her husband and two kids, he would've asked Adeelah to stay with her. At least he's sure of the kind of discipline in her household.

"Adeelah," Abba called.

"Hmm Abba."

"You really want to go to Abuja?"

Adeelah smiled. "Yes Abba."

"Go I will think about it."

"Thank you Abba. And I heard that Malam Hassan had been fired. Thank you for all you've done Abba."

"You're all welcome."

"And Abba, Ya Nafeesah has a suitor and he wants to come and meet you. Remember Ya Shahid?"

Abba chuckled at the way Adeelah told him as if she was talking of a random thing.

"Yeah the boy I stopped her from talking to."

"Yes him Abba."

"And Abba..." Abba looked at Adeelah through the tail of his eyes. She talked too much all at once. He liked to listen to her blab. No, she wasn't like her mother in that aspect. Her mother didn't like to talk a lot. But she loved writing letters to her children. He knew about that.

"And Abba what Adeelah? What?"

Adeelah laughed. Abba narrowed his eyes at her. He didn't get what was so funny for her to be laughing.

"They said I talk like you Abba. I talk like who? I talk like you Abba." She teased. Abba removed his cap and threw it at her. Adeelah caught it and giggled.

"I am not your grandpapa Adeelah." She giggled again and slowly her laughter died to a smile. She suddenly felt awkward on what she's about to request for.

"Abba about Salisu. Do you pay him now that he's not around?"

Abba remained quiet.

"Why are you asking?"

"Abba I just thought to ask. He may be going through some phase of life without money to sustain him."

Abba smiled. Who changed his girl?

"He's gotten a job Adeelah. Don't worry. And he's coming to see me tomorrow. If you get in, send Nafeesah to me." Adeelah nodded, satisfied and went out of his parlor.

She met Hafsatu standing like a statue. "What's wrong with baby?"

"What's wrong with your father?" She asked again.

"He's fine." Adeelah answered and moved away from Hafsatu's sight. She would do all it would take her not to be rude. No, not because of Salisu or what he said to her but because she wished.

Adeelah went to meet Hajiya Sadiya and Nafeesah having a gist. She salamed at them and they answered before she went in.

"Abba wants to see Ya Nafee." She referred to Hajiya Sadiya.

Nafeesah gasped.

"Innalillahi what have I done? Did you tell him...that...um..." She refused to complete the sentence so that her mother won't ask them. Adeelah knew what it meant. Nafeesah thought she had told him that they went out with Ya Shahid.