chapter three // how was homeroom?

hey everyone, im aware that my previous chapters suck and im sorry but i've never written anything that wasn't for school before so yeah hah, hope you enjoy chapter three!

how was i going to tell alison that luke asked me out to dinner? she despised luke, she even despised the idea of him, let alone her best friend going out to eat with the boy who broke her innocent heart.

i tried to shake the thought out of my head, today's the first day of my junior year and i really don't want to spend it thinking about some stupid boy like luke.

once homeroom was over, i rushed to get out of the class, afraid that if i walked any slower, luke would make up an excuse to remind me about tonight.

i found my way to alison's homeroom since we have first period together which is.. gym.

"hey! how was homeroom?" i question.

"oh it was good surprisingly, there's this hot new kid named ashton and i really want to get to know him.." she says while playing with her fingers. "aw my little alison has a crush!" i say loudly. "shhh!" she says jokingly.

we then make our way to gym and learn the school rules for the second time this morning. alison and i didn't bother to listen since we've heard it all before. instead we just talked about homecoming which was coming up in about one month, until she says, "so.. how was homeroom?"

"oh it was alright but um.. th- there's something i need to tell y- you." i say nervously, knowing what the outcome would be once we were done talking about this.

"anything!" she says excitedly waiting for my response. "well, so there's this boy an-" "oh god who!? spill!" she says interrupting me, making me even more nervous. "it's um luke.." i say as i watch the expression on her face change. "he asked me out to dinner and wants to pick me up at 7, and i know that you're probably ma-" "mad!? no i have the perfect plan!" she says, surprising me. "really? what is it?" i ask curiously

"EVERYBODY STAND UP AND DO 20 JUMPING JACKS!" our gym teacher, mrs. masey says, interrupting the conversation between alison and i, which frustrated me.

"i'll tell you at lunch, k?" alison whispers to me. "alright then.." i say.

once gym was over, alison walked me to my second period class which was math, nothing important happened there, we just learned the school rules for the third time this morning.

after math i had social studies which bored the hell out of me but right after that, i had lunch. which was what i've been waiting for since i've been anxious ever since alison had told me she'd tell me her 'plan' at lunch.

when i walked into the crowded lunch room, i scanned the huge cafetorium for my blonde headed friend until i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and the person's chin resting on my shoulder.

"alison i've told you not to do that, the last time you did that, people thought we wer-" "it's not alison princess."

i then realize who those arms belonged to. i then took luke's arms off of my waist and turn around. my face felt like it was burning from embarrassment and my stomach turned, making me feel sick.

"what do you think you were doing? i barely even know you enough for you to be this close to me. especially with.. people watching." i say. "calm down princess, just wanted to remind you about our date." he says, looking hurt, while playing with his black lip ring which turned me on.. oh god kate. "yeah, well i have somewhere i need to be." i say before walking away and finally spotting alison.

"good you're finally here, well here's the plan..."