15

I sat at the docks silently as the girls minded their own business. Heather, Lindsay, and Leshawna were at the hillside catching a tan and reading magazines and eating chips. Bridgette was cleaning her board and Gwen was writing in her journal. Me, on the other hand, was keeping myself occupied by following up my training with pushups. We were waiting for the guys to get back since they were arriving back today. I'm still sour about not being able to go even when I was put on the guys team for it. Chris can go screw himself. He took my vacation away from me just because I threatened him that one time. He can get over it.

A loud honk was heard signaling the guys return as the boat neared to the docks. I moved out of the way as the railing was put down as the guys glided off of it while they cheered close by to me. I backed up from their positivity. It sickened me to angered jealousy.

"What a weekend!" Duncan shouts cheerfully from the top of the boat with all the other guys.

"Oh, sweet mother of mirth!" shouted Owen from the thrill of the trip. "You can't buy that kind of fun!"

"I think Owen and DJ took a real shine to those lovely ladies who served us hand and foot." Duncan smirked at the two of them.

"Hello! The spa treatments? My alligator elbows, totally gone!" DJ showed off his elbows.

Owen gasped in awe. "Ooh. Like velvet."

We were all so mad, but me especially. I wanted to let my anger subdue, but I deserved to go just as much as they did. I helped us win. Duncan seemed to notice my rage because I wanted to be there on that resort. It was my right since Chris put me on the guys team. It wasn't fair.

Walking up to them with my arms under my chest, my teeth barred and gritted at their dispute.

"Hey." Duncan grinned, but his attention was elsewhere.

"My eyes are up here, Duncan." I glared with an irritated sigh.

"Dude." said DJ who gave him a stern glare with a bit of a shove of disproval. Duncan raised his hands up defensively, thankfully backing off.

"Oh, hey, Sydney!" Geoff grinned just becoming aware of my presence before pulling me into a tight hug. "I missed you! You just get here?"

He let me go out of his hug as Duncan rolled his eyes, muttering coldly under his breath. It was incoherent, but his deep glare burned into Geoff's skull. Did I miss something here?

"Aw you missed me?" I asked with a bit of a pouted lip. "Aren't you sweet."

"And how could we not?" added in DJ. "You helped us win, too."

"Yeah, you should've been there with us." Trent chimed in from behind. "You deserved to be there just as much as the rest of us."

"Yeah. We'll make it up to you." DJ smiled at me, resting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Anyone care for a chocolate coated cherry blossom?" Owen asked holding out the tray as he walked up the docks. I grabbed one quickly before he could hand them out as LeShawna grunted, throwing the chocolate in the river with a splash. Owen and I gasp in horror before sticking the candy into my mouth. Hmm. Not bad.

Owen cried out in despair. "No!"

"It's okay, dude. The ladies are just a little jealous." Geoff said with a smirk.

"Yeah, who can blame 'em?" Duncan smirked. "They can barely stand each other, and meanwhile, us guys are tighter than family! Guys rule!"

"Aw no love for me?" I asked with a growing smirk as I got between Geoff and DJ. It was mostly said as a joke, not really thinking that they actually tolerated me in their group-ish.