Chapter Six

I don't remember anything else from last night beside the cab ride, but I woke up in my bed feeling like absolute shit. Every muscle in my body was aching and my head was throbbing uncontrollably. Somehow, I still managed to roll out of bed and crawl to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I was crazy dehydrated, so much that I couldn't even talk cause my throat was so scratchy. I immediately decide to stay home for my well-being, even though I know there's gonna be a crazy amount of homework waiting for me when I get back.

After calling Peter and telling him that he didn't need to stop by the complex, I threw myself onto the couch and turned on Hulu, ready to jam out to anime and simp over cute characters. And about six hours later, I sit up from the couch remembering that I was supposed to be at Ash's in half an hour! I scramble into some presentable clothes, wash my hair, grab his jacket I've been meaning to give back, and practically run out the door. His apartment was on the other side of the borough, near Central Park, so I knew it was going to take at least 15 minutes to get there. Sorry if that's not right, I've never been to NYC so I dont know where stuff's located. Probably just gonna throw buildings and addresses wherever they're most useful. ;)

10 minutes later, I arrive at the entrance to his complex, panting slightly. 134 Westland Avenue. Yep, this is his place. The door swings open and I step inside, trying to slow my breathing and smooth my hair. I walk up the stairs quickly until I find the door to his floor. At the end of the hall, I open his door, which I was surprised to see was open. He must've left it open for me, I thought. As I step into his living room, I hear a girl's voice laughing. I bristle a bit, but then I remember that we were planning on watching movies, so it must be on his TV.

I finally see him sitting on his couch... making out with another girl. I've never even seen her before, but she's your classic white teenage popular girl- perfect skin, big chest, silky hair. The tears start to well up in my eyes before I can stop them, and I stand there silently, waiting for them to notice me. They come up for air 10 seconds later and rest their foreheads against each other, chuckling, which makes me start sobbing. Both heads turn in my direction and both faces show shock. I start to walk away, but Ash gets up from the couch and grabs my wrist, turning me around.

"Shiz, baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were there..." I shake my head violently, then burst out in a raging Japanese rant."なんてこった、アッシュ?私たちは3年間付き合っていますが、私はあなたが私を愛していたと思いましたが、今、私はあなたが別の女の子と付き合っているのを見つけました、そしてあなたは私が簡単な謝罪を聞くことを期待しますか?!愚かな愚かなあなたは私が何だと思いますか?!?!" (Translation- What the fuck, Ash?! We've been dating for 3 years, I thought you loved me, but now I find you making out with another girl and you expect me to listen to a simple apology?! HOW FUCKING STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!) I had been teaching him Japanese over the years, so his eyes widened, hurt. The girl behind him snorted and said snottily, "This is her? Can she even speak English??" "Yes, she very much can, now shut up, bitch." She looks like she was slapped and sits back quietly.

"I can't believe it..." I say quietly. "I thought you cared for me, but I guess I was wrong." He was about to interrupt but I snap at him abruptly. "No, you don't get to talk! This is not about you, I'm not the one who cheated on you!" The tears well up again, but I blink them back. "Did you know that you were the last reason I haven't gone? I would've killed myself years ago if you hadn't been there. I was living for you!" He staggers backward slightly, silent. I look from his to his new girlfriend, then scoff in disgust. "Ugh. You can keep her, I don't give a fuck. We're over." His sense seems to come back and he reaches for me again, but I whip out a knife and point it at him. "We. Are. Done. Now stay the hell away from me."

I run out of his apartment and into the elevator, keeping my composure. I make it out onto the sidewalk before my wall breaks and the tears come flooding out. I fall onto the steps to his building and stay there, not having the will or energy to get up. After what seems like hours, I've cried out every last tear and I finally stand solemnly. I realize that I still have his jacket in my arms and was about to throw it in one of the burn barrels nearby, but it was cold and I was freezing, so I slip it on and leave it open. I look up at the number on his building- 134 Westland. The place of my greatest and last mistake. I pull the hood over my head and finally make the decision I should've made years ago. I'm going to die today.

Sorry if this chapter looks bad, I really made it in a hurry. Plz go read the next chapter, I'm so excited that it's out!