Chapter 1

Cambridge was riding to school today, nothing too special just a simple dirt-bike and his backpack. Nothing too fancy. It's practically normal, since with mutants around, seeing a girl tearing up the roads riding humongous vines or a guy being carried by flocks of birds all different sizes was pretty normal. He wasn't a mutant and he certainly didn't discriminate against them as he has a great relationship with his mutant friends. So like normal he rode his dirt-bike to school passing by the cars and people going about their own business. He parked in the spot allotted to him by the school, took off his helmet, and looked at the sideview mirror. It reflected his long curly dark auburn hair, slightly rounded nose and ears, but he chose to focus on his strangely white clear eyes. To be honest that was the only strange part about him. His parents are normal with basic blue irises and the family tree leading up to him didn't have white irises. 

"Hey penny for your thoughts?"

"Bet he's looking at his eyes again."

Two familiar girls voices broke him out of his trance. He turned around to see his mutant best friends since middle school Chelsi, and her little follower aka "little sister" since elementary school Cassidy.

"Hey Chelsi, Cassidy. How you doing?" I give Chelsi a hug and Cassidy a quick handshake behind Chelsi's back. 

"We are doing fine. Coming back to school after a full summer of nothing but mutation training is hard. From hell to a labor camp back to hell again." Chelsi replies, taking the lead of the conversation to complain as always.

"It wasn't soo bad Chel, at least we got to stay together this time and de-stress, especially since they gave us breaks compared to the others." There goes Cassidy's voice of reason as Chelsi tries to dramatize the experience.

"Glad to see Airhead and Muscles haven't changed much, how about you mate?" Damien suddenly pops out of nowhere with shadows swirling under him, thoroughly scaring the shit out of all of us. 

"Damien you piece of shit! Where were you all summer? We were supposed to go to camp together but you ditched me and Cass." Chelsi starts to get up in his face. I already knew what was going to happen and it seemed Damien knew too as he dodged to the right luckily away from my bike as a wind blade came rushing toward his previous spot. 

"Hold on there Airhead. My partner needed some help so I have been working with them all summer." He backed up behind me to deter Chelsi's air attacks.

"Hey don't use me as a shield, you know I don't have powers to defend myself." I raise my arms in defense towards Chels, "whatever beef you have its with him not me."

"Damien you know it's bros before hoes. We made plans to suffer together, right Cass." Chelsi turned to Cassidy who nodded. "See!"

"Fine I apologize for ditching you, but first go to class I have to pick something up for my other." And with that Damien was gone. He didn't have any morning class periods since he was a senior now and taking online classes instead. 

"Come on guys," I sigh while heading into the school.

~~~~~

I head home on my dirt-bike after around 6 hours of the hell we call school. I drive through the close-knit town of mine passing many stores. The bakery with a fresh bread smell leaking out people walking out of the new thrift shop 'Sammer'. I say hi to the people I know and leave them to their own business as I drive by. I go left of the town center and start driving through small residential area.  On my right and left are those mini mansions and I count each one I pass. Some have signs in front or their lawn indicating whether its a home to a mutant or not by the bright blue or pale yellow coloration. I drive past a couple more houses before I stop in front of a nice quaint family home. I take a look at our regular pale yellow sign and sigh to myself.