Memories (Part 1)

Chapter 1

The chilly air suffocated me as i stepped from the house wearing the lightest clothes possible. It had to seem like i wasn't leaving. I needed to look like I was just taking the garbage out or -god forbid in this freezing weather- going for a run. I had to look inconspicuous. I jumped into my car quickly and turned it on starling my self by the loud noise of the engine. It was quiet, too quiet, I thought grimly. My spine tingled. I was being watched. I felt a cold hand go around my mouth and suddenly I was in darkness....

"Hope. Hope!! Ho-ope!!!! HOPE!!!!"

A small, tanned hand waved in front of my face and I was flashed back to the present .

"Jeez Hope. You having those flashbacks again? I really think you should see someone about them." my best friend, Kiera stated a flash of concern passing over her face.

"How many times do I have to tell you? NO! I'm perfectly fine."

" Fine then!" she sighed turning back to face her many other friends at the lunch table, clearly annoyed at me, her golden hair shining as her highlights caught in the dim fluorescent lights.

I shook my head trying to get rid of the memories that had unwillingly surfaced. Hope, you will not think about them again, OK? They are from your past. There is no need to dwell on it. It's over, I pep talked myself.

I tried to turn my attention back to the lunch table and my friend's discussions but I still had a sick feeling in my stomach as I remembered my past that I try so hard to forget...

________________________________________________

I lugged my bag full of books to my waiting baby. My baby ( so to speak) is actually my car, a rusty beat up blue toyota. Im not much of a fan of cars but my baby has been through a lot with me over the years and therefore has gained my respect. I wrenched open the door, stuck from years of use, and backed out of the school parking lot.

Thank baby jesus, another school day finally over. 300 left and still counting,

I drove out through the gates contemplating what to do now i was free and almost ran into the front of another car.

"What the hell?' I shouted, infuriated, " This is the exit lane. Can't you read?"

The car looked pretty expensive, probably a Lexus or some other fancy car, I'm glad I didn't hit it. Somehow that made me more angry I mean do people think that just because their rich they are excused from rules.

Suddenly the car levelled with me and the tinted window was rolled down. My mouth dropped open and I gaped at the person in front of me. I must have died and gone to heaven because I was staring at an angel. Oh gawd who says that?? This guy was already playing with my mind. He had golden- brown shaggy hair and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. He looked like a person that could be on the cover of every magazine. In fact he looked familiar somehow.

The gorgeous driver shot me an amused glare, interrupting my rambling, and said "I can read. I'm pretty sure it's you that can't." he stated clearly annoyed with my comment. Woops I hadn't realised I'd spoken aloud. I grimaced.

He gestured to the sign " It says entry, honey." I looked over at the sign he pointed at and realised that it did indeed say "ENTRY". Oh, great now I'd gone and embarrassed myself and insulted the handsomest guy on the planet. Great going, Hope. I stared into his piercing blue eyes filled with amusement once more and then before he could say another word I speed off too annoyed and ashamed at myself to even say sorry.

___________________________

Authors note: Sorry this is really short. Just a taste of what is yet to come!

Song of the day: Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

COMMMMMMENT PLEASE!!!!!