The door opened slightly and I saw my shoes. I picked them up and he shut the door. I ran away quickly.

Another morning at Polar Star completely ruined! Can I catch a break?

..

"Here are the tools and ingredients you'll need for the battle." I heard Konishi say. I stopped pacing around the room in panic and looked at Soma. He got up from the floor and turned to Konishi.

"Nice. Thank you, Konishi-san." He exclaimed. I crossed my arms and began to pace around the waiting room more. The Food War was just about to begin.

"Did you get any sleep, Yukihira?"

I stopped and turned to Konishi feeling my face heat up. Soma's eyes caught mine and he turned back around.

"Uh... yeah. But when we were done I tweaked the sauce a little. I slept about two hours, I guess." Soma said.

I guess he brought me back to his room and was so exhausted he just got into the bed with me. Gosh, that sounds so dirty to say.. but at least we only slept in the same bed for two hours. And it wasn't on purpose... it was just because he was very tired and forgot I was there probably.

I guess at this point, I cannot be embarrassed anymore than now. Looking back actually... my whole life seemed to be some sick, cruel joke.

Enough about me... Soma's Food War was just about to begin! I noticed Megumi looking out of the waiting room door and into the hall that led to the actual food war and audience. She turned around and ran to Soma, a nervous expression on her face.

"S-Soma-kun, y-you can't go losing your nerve! D-don't go lose your nerve! A-at times like this, write the character for person on your palm. Just write it!"

Megumi looked frantic, writing on her palm with her finger. I would laugh at her but that would be insensitive plus- I was freaking out myself. But in a more calm fashion.

"For starters, just calm yourself, Tadakoro. Okay?" Soma said smiling mischievously at her, his arms crossed. She looked at him alarmed.

"Huh? You're not scared? Even when you have to cook with all those people watching?" She asked, her eyebrows slanted in confusion.

"Not at all." He said blatantly. I walked over to him and slapped him on the back softly.

"Don't be so coy. You have to scared at least a little bit?" I teased, smiling at him. Megumi nodded, agreeing with me. He looked over to me and grinned.

"I mean, compared to standing in front of customers with our restaurant's name on the line," he plucked me on the forehead playfully before continuing, "This ain't scary at all."

I rubbed my forehead and looked at him glaring. Still.. how am I more worried than you about this?

..

"Sorry for the wait! The Food War Administrative Bureau has officially recognized this challenge as a Food War!" The announcer announced.

"I'll be your emcee. I'm Urara Kawashima, a first-year in the high school division!" Urara said, making a try-hard cute pose.

"Your cuteness is unmatched, Urara-chan!" Her fan club screamed. She raised to the crowd's expectations and gave another cute pose. They all screamed again at the act.

"Now then, from their respective corners, here come the contestants! The first to arrive is... The Meat Master Ikumi Mito!" Urara declared as Mito took to the stage. The crowd cheered again and a sour expression was shown on Urara's face.