"Yep! I'm here! I thought you could use some help with your room still so my dad let me come over," Varian replied with a smile.

Everyone had been helping each other rebuild the castle and the rest of the city of Corona. Right now Aquaria was working on rebuilding her own room.

"Well you came at the right time. I've been working on fixing the walls for a few hours now," Aqua told him as she looked into his eyes.

"Then I'll help you finish and we can repaint your walls too," Varian said as he rested his hands on her hips.

"Good plan. Come on," Aqua said and they both got to work.

After about an hour, Frederic came in. "Aquaria, darling?"

"Hi, dad!" Aqua smiled and waved from the ladder she was on as she painted her room.

"Your room looks great, sweetheart, and Varian, I didn't realize you were here," the king spoke to which Varian smiled.

"I couldn't let Aqua do all the work by herself. I know she's capable, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I let her do everything?" Varian winked at Aqua and the king chuckled.

"Quirin and Rosamund definitely raised you right." The king said and Varian smiled. "Lunch is ready though if you two are hungry."

"Oo! Yes! Food break!" Aqua jumped down and ran to the door, Varian quickly following her.

Varian grabbed Aquaria's hand and smiled as he looked at her. He swore that he fell more in love every day, no matter how cheesy it sounded. Something crossed his mind though.

"Hey, um, your mom's birthday is coming up and everything and it's supposed to be our two years, but I know that because of me, it's not... but um, I was wondering what you would like to do when it is officially our one year in October," Varian said softly and Aquaria hummed softly.

"Maybe we could go on another camping trip like we did when you asked me out. I know that our relationship got a little, uh, messy, I guess, but I know that it wasn't entirely your fault," Aqua said, seeing the guilt in his eyes.

"I still should've been able to control my anger and hurt though," Varian said softly. "I ruined what could've been an amazing first two years of our relationship."

"No, you know what? I don't care if you said that we broke up, did you still love me?" Aqua stopped and looked into his eyes.

"Yeah, no matter how much I said that I hated you. I still loved you so much," Varian said truthfully.

"And I still loved you so forget what was said. We'll pretend that year didn't happen. We can celebrate our one year and make it a great night," Aqua said as she cupped his cheek.

"How did I get you to fall in love with me?" Varian murmured as he leaned into her gentle touch.

"You don't treat me differently because I'm a princess, you respect me, you were my best friend for years, and because the rest of the boys in the kingdom want me because I'm a princess. I know that you aren't like that," she whispered as Varian gently leaned his forehead against hers.

"I couldn't care less if you were a princess or a poor country girl. You are still the love of my life. I would love to live in a cottage with you in the woods one day, maybe two kids, Ruddiger would be there too," Varian said softly and Aquaria smiled at him.