Aqua blushed, but smiled as she walked up and stood beside her mother. Frederic hummed, a little surprised by the slip-up but he just smiled.

"I was given a recommendation by my daughter and I would like to offer you the position of Royal Engineer, if you are willing to take it," Frederic said and Varian's jaw dropped as Rapunzel held back a squeal.

"O-of course! Th-that-that would be amazing! Thank you, sir. Thank you so much." Varian bowed respectfully and Aqua clapped happily.

"Wonderful," King Frederic said as he clasped his hands together.

"I promise that I won't let you down, your majesty," Varian assured as he smiled bright.

"I know that you won't. And Varian, I'm very happy that my daughter chose to be with you," the king said with a warm smile.

"Me too," Varian said to which Aqua smiled as she ran over to hug him tight.

"I'm so proud of you!" Aqua pecked his cheek and he spun her around before setting her back down.

"My dad is gonna be so excited! I can't believe this!" Varian held onto her tight. He was ecstatic and wished his mother could see him now. She would be so proud.

"Come on! Let's go tell him!" Aqua ran out with Varian and they made their way to Old Corona to see Quirin.

"Dad!" Varian cried out as he ran in and he was bouncing with excitement. "Guess what just happened? I got a job! An official position in the kingdom! Me! Varian! Me!"

Aqua laughed at how adorable he was when he was overly excited.

"What?" Quirin looked surprised and Varian was practically squealing like a schoolgirl.

"My dad just made Varian the Royal Engineer!" Aqua translated and Quirin's eyes widened.

"My son. Wow. I'm so happy for you! This is wonderful! Your mother would be so unbelievably proud of you." Quirin wrapped his son in a big hug. "We have to celebrate this. Cake tonight. I'll bake it."

"Yes! Cake! This is the best day ever!" Varian cheered and Aqua kissed his cheek.

"You know, I have an idea for the first project you could work on as the Royal Engineer," Aqua said and Varian looked at her. "I could help you with the hot running water. It'll work this time. I just know it."

"That's a great idea, Aqua! Dad, you could help too!" Varian suggested as he looked at his father who was starting to make the cake.

"That's a wonderful idea. I would love to help you, son." Quirin smiled and kept mixing the cake batter.

All questions about the strange occurrence of Varian's outburst during the fight had been forgotten.

🧪

Varian showed up at the palace with Ruddiger on his shoulders and the guards let him in.

He hummed softly as he walked to Aquaria's room where he heard singing. He smiled as he opened her door.

"Where the North wind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory," Aqua sang, unaware of Varian coming in.

"Come, my darling, homeward bound," Varian started to sing and she turned.

"When all is lost, then all is found," they sang together as Aqua hugged him.

"I didn't know you were coming over today," Aqua said happily as Varian wrapped his arms around her waist.